X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadman
    • Sep 2003

Integra dtc 9.8

My video card is 8800gt dvi out and it is HDCP , I use dvi to hdmi cable to my Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080p along with my LG GGC-H20L blue-ray & HD-DVD internal PC dvd player it works very good .
    But I want it work with my Integra with HDMI for future purpose like audio HD
    and its not working now.... s-video will not do HD

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

I've had may computer with an ATI 1050 DVI ouput, 720p running thru the 9.8 without difficulty. I need to understand your problem better. When you say it won't sync do you mean the audio and video won't sinc? or it won't handshake?
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

If your trying to get audio to work through it the video card won't output audio. There is a card from auzentech thats coming out soon that if you use one of their video cards it will do all the audio and stuff through HDMI.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
          Your wrong my card is DVI and it has HDCP and has no issues connecting to my TV and playing Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to it. I'm not sure about through the receiver though.
          Older HDCP devices often cannot recognize switching/relay devices but only displays. It is a software issue that plagues many older cable boxes.

Kal
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• cadman
            • Sep 2003

Dtc 9.8

Originally posted by DrJRapp
            I've had may computer with an ATI 1050 DVI ouput, 720p running thru the 9.8 without difficulty. I need to understand your problem better. When you say it won't sync do you mean the audio and video won't sinc? or it won't handshake?

correct it won't handshake

Comment

• alebonau
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

kals article includign the integra 9.8 and the oppo has appeared online

I had planned to feature a few intriguing new products I saw at CEDIA's Expo 2007 held last September in Denver, but I did that on the Stereophile website. Instead, I'll just tell you about the only big audio trend I saw there: HDMI.

sounds like its a great av pre-pro. look forward to your follow up Kal on its hdaudio capabilities with hd-dvd/blu-ray.

Interesting comments in the thread so far, If I could buy the integra, I'd just partner it to my musical fidelity 2ch pre with ht bypass and end up with the best of both worlds. Integra for digital soures and my 2ch mf pre to handle all 2ch analog (CD,SACD, vinyl) and wouldnt feel I'd be missing out in any way I reckon ...
              "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Jon SS
                • Oct 2002

The 9.8 is pretty big (8" tall"), just wondering how much air/breathing room you can get away with on the top if it is in a rack/cabinet with the back and front are open?

Thanks, Salamander combination cabinet/rack I was looking at only had height of 8.5", which is fine for my current Halo C2 at 6" tall.

Thanks

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jon SS
                  The 9.8 is pretty big (8" tall"), just wondering how much air/breathing room you can get away with on the top if it is in a rack/cabinet with the back and front are open?

Thanks, Salamander combination cabinet/rack I was looking at only had height of 8.5", which is fine for my current Halo C2 at 6" tall.

Thanks
                  It runs pretty warm. I use an 11" rack space on my Salamander Synergy.

Kal
                  Kal Rubinson

Comment

• JohnA
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2005

Just a heads up for anyone here who is looking for the Onkyo version of the Integra DTC9.8, at a killer price.

Onkyo right now is selling refurbed PR-SC885's for $699 online through shoponkyo.com, and if you are a club Onkyo member, then it drops down to $599. If you are not a Onkyo club member, then just join up for free first, and it will also get you the the extra $100 off on the SC885.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"