X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

I was considering selling my 802 Diamond speakers

My wife moved the Christmas tree this year so my 802 Diamond speakers were pushed to the far corners of our living room onto the hardwood floor for about 6 weeks. They didn't sound nearly as good in their new location and consequently I didn't listen to very much music since late November. I thought maybe I was getting bored of the speakers and was even tossing around selling them and using the funds for other interests or other hobbies. Well we moved the speakers back to their usual location today back onto the carpet and I put some of my favorites on today (Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Jeff Beck, Norah Jones) and now I remember how great these speakers are and why I love music so much..........

Happy New Year everyone and take some time to enjoy your music and your great B&W speakers!
    Last edited by SPACEMANRICK; 07 January 2014, 23:57 Tuesday.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

My wife doesn't touch my 802's 8)
    Happy New Year, glad you found them again.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

I've also found that going away on vacation for a while (listening only to hotel tv, etc.) also gives you a great new impression of your system upon returning! Sometimes you take for granted how nice your system really is until you miss it for a while.
      Brad

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

Yup... I also thought of selling my speakers for another hobby but so glad that I didn't. I made up my mind that I'm never selling my audio gear unless it's for upgrading purposes only. I also had those experiences where the system setup wasn't optimal and would spend weeks or more without listening to music and then once you got things clicking you get back into the enjoyment of it.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I think you should sell them.............................................. ........

to me................................................ ......

for hardly anything.......................................... .........

I need a second system to listen to! You don't know how hard it is to listen to inferior systems now. ha ha ha!!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• BVLDARI
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mjb
            My wife doesn't touch my 802's 8)
            Happy New Year, glad you found them again.
            :T

However my mother in law thinks she needs to dust them every so often... Not sure whether to ;x( or :a>

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"