X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshahu_cr
    • Aug 2003

Speakers for a Marantz 4300

Please take a look at this hi fi rig I plan to get. My dad has a tight budget and he is 50 years and half deaf so surround sound and all high quality audio means squat to him. Just cos he cant apprechiate the high quality audio of a set of KEF speakers doesnt mean i cant. Anyway heres the rig and it will have to do. One other lucky bugger in this forum has $7000 to spend. WOW, talk about Mr Flashman!:

(Currency is £ by the way. I am just lazy)

Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 Speakers Maple (100W each)– 199.94
    Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Speakers Maple (100W each )– 99.98
    Wharfedale Diamond 8 Centre Speaker x2 (120W each) (I got a second one to act as a rear center speaker) – 179.98
    Wharfedale 10A Powercube B Ash – 149.99

OR

If I cant afford Wharfedale, Ill have to settle for Eltax Millenium Series Speakers - any good?

Sony PSL X250 Manual Turntable – 79.99
    Marantz CC4300 5 CD Changer – 199.99
    Marantz SD4050 Double Cassette Deck – 149.99
    Marantz SR4300 receiver 6.1 – 349.99 (Currys)
    Acoustic Solutions DAB Tuner - 99.99 (Argos)

Many people say that a Marantz has a WARM character. What does this mean? Are the Wharfedale Speakers good enough for the Marantz or should I choose a different brand? I am new to home cinema so I need to know whether certain components matched together cause trouble and muck up your sound or whether certain ones go well together. Also will this combination sound good in both music, games and movies. The reason i ask this is because some people say that some receivers and combinations sound great in movies but rubbish in music and games and vice versa.

This last question may start a whole new thread and heat things up a little. Which is the best brand for Hi Fi separates AND receivers out of the lot I will list? I emphasized and because some companies are good with components but bad in receivers and vice versa.

Sony's E-Line, QS and ES series
    Denon
    Yamaha
    Marantz

Thank you all for your time.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"