X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

800 series pricing

from your experience i would like to know if anyone knows..
    when the 802 diamond go out to the market is the old series 'S' had a discount and if yes with how much %?
    i thinking about waiting to new series to get the 802 diamond..

thanks!
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

I'm not certain on this. But I believe when a new line comes out from B&W such as the new 800 Series Diamond, they stop making the older series (800D/801D/802D/803D/803S/804S/805S) altogether. And dealers do discount the previous generation to sell it all off. But no newly manufactured speakers are made in the previous lines. So when a new line comes out, get over to a dealer before they run out of the previous lines stock.
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• John22614
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BWLover
      I'm not certain on this. But I believe when a new line comes out from B&W such as the new 800 Series Diamond, they stop making the older series (800D/801D/802D/803D/803S/804S/805S) altogether. And dealers do discount the previous generation to sell it all off. But no newly manufactured speakers are made in the previous lines. So when a new line comes out, get over to a dealer before they run out of the previous lines stock.
      I got my 804s's and HTM4 at a 20% discount a few years ago when the new diamonds came out for exactly the reason B&W Lover describes. But I suspect it will be quite a while before B&W comes out with a new diamond model, so if it were me, I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
      B&W 804s Mains
      B&W HTM4 Center
      Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
      Marantz AV 7005 processor
      Anthem MCA 30 Amp
      Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nimrodasas
          when the 802 diamond go out to the market is the old series 'S' had a discount and if yes with how much %?

thanks!
          I don't remember in what website I read that according to the last release of series of speaker, B&W have changed the 800 series about in five years of gap so if it is a true statement we don't get a new version until 2015. If you could wait for that date for new speakers it is a personal option.
          Leo,
          Saludos
          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I think a reputable dealer should be able to offer 10-20% discount on the current range, especially for cash, depending on your relationship with him. I certainly couldn't wait 5 years on the assumption that "woo hoo, something better is coming, so now I can buy the old stuff for $$$ off".
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Antioch
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by nimrodasas

thanks!
              I believe the generation before the 802 Series Diamond was the 802 Diamond and I think there were issues with the tweeters on these, but I may not have this right. A really good buy right now is the N802 and you should be able to pick these up for maybe $4,500 to $6,500. Not sure on a used 802 Diamond and a 802 Series Diamond might run $12,000.

I think the idea of a 802S might come from the 804S and 803S which preceded the 804D and 803D, not to be confused with the 804 Series Diamond and 803 Series Diamond (current models). At least I think I have all that correct - B&W didn't make the nomenclature of all this too clear for the end user.

Hope this helps,
              Mike

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Antioch
                I believe the generation before the 802 Series Diamond was the 802 Diamond and I think there were issues with the tweeters on these, but I may not have this right.
                I know of no endemic issues with the 802Ds.

I think the idea of a 802S might come from the 804S and 803S which preceded the 804D and 803D, not to be confused with the 804 Series Diamond and 803 Series Diamond (current models). At least I think I have all that correct - B&W didn't make the nomenclature of all this too clear for the end user.
                AFAIK, there was never an 802S. The range previous to the present one included 805S, 804S, 803S, 803D, 802D, 801D and 800D.
                Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

Maybe he is thinking of the Signature 800 which was just a one off model for the 800 wasn't it and not an actual 800 series line up.
                  B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• emig5m
                    • Aug 2008

I wonder if the 802N would be a close match to the S series (aluminum tweeter)? Or did the N tweeter have like a foam surround around the aluminum dome and the S series had the update with the ring surround? The only N series speaker I got to hear was the 801N and that was a loooooong time ago in a galaxy far-far away!

Comment

• BVLDARI
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by leo2498
                      Are you guessing or did you see a press release or something?

Comment

• leo2498
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BVLDARI
                        Are you guessing or did you see a press release or something?
                        It's a guess about a statement that I read in a website(obviously it is not a real source), my point is that you should not be waiting for a future speaker when you can get a excellent speaker now. the five years it is only a conjecture that the author say about the past release of the 800 series and how long took to B&W release a new one.
                        Leo,
                        Saludos

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"