X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by PewterTA
    Hey great to hear! You do know that they are making an update for the CP-800 that will do network streaming and allow full 24/192 from the DAC (firmware update on this, but from what I understand it's integrated so you need the network streaming board)... So you might want to inquire about that, I heard they will also be doing something for people that already have the CP-800. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off (that and finish paying off the 802Dis & HTM2Di.... Hopefully get a good 0% for 24 Months again just to easily make the payments.

You will love it though, I have no doubt about that... It's going to blow you away how much better it is than what you had And will probably caus eyou to want to do a new amp and keep upgrading. lol.

Can wait to hear you opinions once you get it (and it breaks in). It'll take a good 100hr to break in.

Hi pewterta yes I can't wait for it but it will be here only the next month, that is what I have to pay for five years of local warranty. It's rare but my dealer said that the ethernet board is ready and the CP800 will bring this upgrade. I hope not be to cheated with this.

BTW I will test the CP800 and if this is as good like I hope then the CA2300 will come too.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

well after one year finally I have two new babes, the dream is almost completed I only need to get the new ethernet board for the CP800 and the more expensive component of the dream: the 802Di 8O. I had not time to sit and listen but I'm thinking that the next weekend I will be busy very busy

some pic for now:

Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Congrats.

A very lucky man.

I think you made the best choice.

Enjoy

ps: Is you cabinet handling the weight of the amp.

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Kobus
          Congrats.

A very lucky man.

I think you made the best choice.

Enjoy

ps: Is you cabinet handling the weight of the amp.
          Thanks Kobus,
          yes it is, the cabinet is provisional and I need to fabricate one so for now it can be doing the duty easily
          Leo,
          Saludos

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Congratulations Leo, you will not be unhappy You've a stella combo there.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

You can feel free to bring them over to my house and hook them up to my 802Di... you know... just so you know how it sounds........... you can of course leave them there until you get your 802Dis.................

just saying.

LOL

Looks awesome and I really hate you now as I see that sitting there and it makes me want my CP-800 that I want to get............................................... ............. But since I don't have the money for it (still got a couple months to finish the 802Dis off).... that means I'll just wait for the CP-800 with the new board.
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• Kobus
                • Aug 2005

I must also fabricate a cabinet. Keep us informed on your search/design.

Comment

• leo2498
                  • Feb 2012

You can feel free to bring them over to my house and hook them up to my 802Di... you know... just so you know how it sounds........... you can of course leave them there until you get your 802Dis.................

just saying.

LOL

Looks awesome and I really hate you now as I see that sitting there and it makes me want my CP-800 that I want to get............................................... ............. But since I don't have the money for it (still got a couple months to finish the 802Dis off).... that means I'll just wait for the CP-800 with the new board.
                  JAJAJA yes I will bring this combo to your home but I will back with the gear and your speakers!

I was supposed that I was waiting for for the new board but my dealer brought it together with the amplifier so he not give me choice to wait I hope to having complete the CP800 a mid of september.
                  Leo,
                  Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                    • Feb 2012

OK I will let you know the final model.
                    Leo,
                    Saludos

Comment

• Rod#S
                      • Oct 2010

Congrats Leo, nice to see more Classe gear, far to much McIntosh/B&W pairing these days for my liking We need to get the Classe and Bryston counts up higher
                      B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• BWLover
                        • Jan 2009

I heard the 802di and ca2300 in a demo room at a stereo shop. Was VERY nice. I was pushing 100-110 dB and it wasn't breaking a sweat or heating up at all. The speakers disappeared completely and the sound staging was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
                        Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                        Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                        Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                        Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                        Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                        Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                        Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                        Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                        Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                        Playstation 3
                        Shaw HD PVR
                        Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Rod#S
                          Congrats Leo, nice to see more Classe gear, far to much McIntosh/B&W pairing these days for my liking We need to get the Classe and Bryston counts up higher
                          Heh, all-in here. I like McIntosh but in my experience it gels much better with Sonus Faber than it does B&W. It wasn't serendipitous that B&W voiced the Diamonds with Classé amplifiers.
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BWLover
                            I heard the 802di and ca2300 in a demo room at a stereo shop. Was VERY nice. I was pushing 100-110 dB and it wasn't breaking a sweat or heating up at all. The speakers disappeared completely and the sound staging was amazing!
                            Do you recall the pre-amp they used?

Comment

• leo2498
                              • Feb 2012

Many thanks Rod, yeap we need break the paradigm of the good combination Mcintosh+B&W and encourage the people to try something different , I'm not saying that mcintosh is bad but the sweetness in this hobby is try all possible combination.
                              Leo,
                              Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BWLover

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
                                your words are very precise, my dream stereo combo must sound unreal! but I want share my experience with my "dream stereo combo" in the past, I never had hear this combo(classe cp800+ca2300+802 di) before but what I read for other owners in different forums motivated me to get in with one of these, in my last vacation finally I could heard the combo and the sound was very bad, lifeless without bass and with a midrange opaque.

Almost I was unmotivated to buy specially because I had a lot expectation in the "usb apple certificate" interface so that was what I auditioned in Denmark, very disappointment I was but my advance was put too so I had no many choice anyway. I not could stop the purchase but I can change the CP800 for the CA2300 because the Ethernet board was not ready yet.

For this funny thing of life, I has both now and yesterday I listened this input again 8O I can believe what different was, this sound rocks! I have compared the same song trought of my oppo (CD version) vs my iphone 5 ripped version, I’m in shock with the result!; the wonderful oppo was beaten for the classe in all way possible, the sound is not even in the same league.
                                I encourage to any forums members to doing a listening to this input in the CP800 , it is unbelievable how good sound you could get from this DAC!
                                Leo,
                                Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                  Heh, all-in here. I like McIntosh but in my experience it gels much better with Sonus Faber than it does B&W. It wasn't serendipitous that B&W voiced the Diamonds with Classé amplifiers.
                                  yeap I like mcintosh too but not to live the next 10 years with them
                                  Leo,
                                  Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                                    • Feb 2012

OK guys I want suck to the last drop of juice from my new set up so I'm asking for help again, can anyone advise me for a good room measurement equipment kit (mic and SW) my main idea is get a good use of the CP800 filters to improve the sound I have not big budget for this,I want get it without spend a lot.
                                    thanks for your inputs.
                                    Leo,
                                    Saludos

Comment

• RebelMan
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

XTZ offers a complete kit. I have the original Room Analyzer which has been superseded with the second edition. A new pro version with advanced features is also available but it may overwhelm novices.

Comment

• leo2498
                                        • Feb 2012

Hello Kubos,
                                        It took me awhile fabricate my rack but finally it is here, I made this open in the back to control heat management and with front doors for kid protection; if you have any question don't doubt to ask me.

if you want to see the rest of pics click in this link:

Leo,
                                        Saludos

Comment

• Rod#S
                                          • Oct 2010

Wow, you built that? Very impressive, great job and craftsmanship.
                                          B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• leo2498
                                            • Feb 2012

Wow, you built that? Very impressive, great job and craftsmanship.
                                            thanks, all the credit is not my I have a carpenter friend and in his store I was guided additional all painting work was did for its employee.
                                            Leo,
                                            Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
                                              • Nov 2004

Leo... very nice cabinet!!!!! I'll take two!

How you liking the Classe gear, I'm sure by now it's broken in.....
                                              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                              -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                                                • Feb 2012

Leo... very nice cabinet!!!!! I'll take two!

How you liking the Classe gear, I'm sure by now it's broken in.....
                                                Thanks Dan, the better of it was the price I only spend 200 usd in the cabinet and it's a good sheet wood.

The Classe gear is only about 100 hour(I'm guessing) but the first thing I could hear was the improvement in the midrange, the clarity in the voice is unbelievable and the bass is very accurate and precise. One imput I like a lot and was a surprice was the front USB with my ipod the sound is very good, better then the same song in the studio CD in my oppo. I not have my colection in lossless format but now I'm ripping it in this format because with the classe I will not need more the CD.

I'm waiting to buy a system of measurement like the XTZ and with this get the best filters for my room, I hope get it soon.
                                                Leo,
                                                Saludos

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                                  • Dec 2012

Is anyone using NAD T 777 with the 804 Diamonds? If yes, did you compare it with the T 787?

Comment

Working...
                                                  😀
                                                  😂
                                                  🥰
                                                  😘
                                                  🤢
                                                  😎
                                                  😞
                                                  😡
                                                  👍
                                                  👎
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"