• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
    Selling my 5.1 to get a pair of 800Di :T
    I think you will enjoy getting back into stereo, as I am getting much more pleasure just listening to music these days. HT is very good, but it's just too difficult to put a system together that will do both HT and stereo great.

HDMI and the constant changes "upgrades" from the audio manufacturers (taking the lead from the computer manufacturers) has ruined HT for me.

For now, I think just trying to keep it simple with "no worries" is much more appealing.

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by wettou
      Selling my 5.1 to get a pair of 800Di :T
      Driven by your new Pass Labs X350.5 I presume? Heaven!

Nigel.

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by beden1
        I think you will enjoy getting back into stereo, as I am getting much more pleasure just listening to music these days. HT is very good, but it's just too difficult to put a system together that will do both HT and stereo great.

HDMI and the constant changes "upgrades" from the audio manufacturers (taking the lead from the computer manufacturers) has ruined HT for me.

For now, I think just trying to keep it simple with "no worries" is much more appealing.

Exactly my conclusion this days.. I found out that Im listening stereo 95% of the time, and to build a good HT setup is so much complicated based on constantly changing standards, also to put properly all speakers in the room..

Also in meanwhile i found out that good stereo sistem made 3D holografic sound, so im start asking do we need surround at all. If i have to buy a setup from scratch it would be definitly good high end stereo.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• mrciave
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by beden1
          No unfortunately, I didn't get the chance. How was it? You traveled from Italy to see the concert? That's what I call a true fan! :T
          Well, I've got a friend living in Fort Lauderdale, so I combined the visit + the concert + the last Nascar race of the year.

Concert was great, even though our seats were not on the floor of the stadium, but high up... So sound was so-so. But honestly hearing Comfortably Numb live was something I could not miss. When I was younger I never got to see a Pink Floyd tour.

The concert plays the whole "The Wall" album. As usual, the most impressive part is the visual, they build this huge white wall throughout the first part of the concert (CD1). The wall is entirely used as a projection screen, with scenes from the movie "The Wall" and other animations/effects unseen before, and then at the end they tear it down.

Overall great! Thinking about looking for some ticket to go again here in Europe.
          2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Chucka
            • Aug 2009

IF I were to go with 804Di for L-R and HTM-4Di for front center (wish there was something shorter to fit into a cabinet that had the same sonic footprint as the Di's), what would you use for rear speakers if there was not a budget for 804Di's in a 5 channel set up.

I have listened to the 804Di in a couple of locations and feel they may be my "perfect" speakers for HiFi compared to the original 804D, but they also need to serve HT purposes.

Chucka

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Chucka
              IF I were to go with 804Di for L-R and HTM-4Di for front center (wish there was something shorter to fit into a cabinet that had the same sonic footprint as the Di's), what would you use for rear speakers if there was not a budget for 804Di's in a 5 channel set up.

I have listened to the 804Di in a couple of locations and feel they may be my "perfect" speakers for HiFi compared to the original 804D, but they also need to serve HT purposes.

Chucka
              The 805Di would be the next best speaker for the surround speakers using the 804Di as the main L/R speakers, IMO.

But, I think it also depends on whether or not you listen to a lot of 5.1 SACD music. If you do, then it's better to have a speaker with a matching diamond tweeter for the best results, or possibly the 803Ds from the previous generation (I think using the 803Ds as surrounds is overkill though). If it's primarily for HT, then a previous generation B&W speaker like the 804s or 805s would do just fine.

My surrounds are 703s and I personally think they do a great job!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"