This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BVLDARI
    replied
    Is anyone using NAD T 777 with the 804 Diamonds? If yes, did you compare it with the T 787?

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by PewterTA
    Leo... very nice cabinet!!!!! I'll take two!

How you liking the Classe gear, I'm sure by now it's broken in.....
    Thanks Dan, the better of it was the price I only spend 200 usd in the cabinet and it's a good sheet wood.

The Classe gear is only about 100 hour(I'm guessing) but the first thing I could hear was the improvement in the midrange, the clarity in the voice is unbelievable and the bass is very accurate and precise. One imput I like a lot and was a surprice was the front USB with my ipod the sound is very good, better then the same song in the studio CD in my oppo. I not have my colection in lossless format but now I'm ripping it in this format because with the classe I will not need more the CD.

I'm waiting to buy a system of measurement like the XTZ and with this get the best filters for my room, I hope get it soon.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    Leo... very nice cabinet!!!!! I'll take two!

How you liking the Classe gear, I'm sure by now it's broken in.....

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by Rod#S
    Wow, you built that? Very impressive, great job and craftsmanship.
    thanks, all the credit is not my I have a carpenter friend and in his store I was guided additional all painting work was did for its employee.

Leave a comment:

• Rod#S
    replied
    Wow, you built that? Very impressive, great job and craftsmanship.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by Kobus
    I must also fabricate a cabinet. Keep us informed on your search/design.
    Hello Kubos,
    It took me awhile fabricate my rack but finally it is here, I made this open in the back to control heat management and with front doors for kid protection; if you have any question don't doubt to ask me.

if you want to see the rest of pics click in this link:

Leave a comment:

• RebelMan
    replied
    XTZ offers a complete kit. I have the original Room Analyzer which has been superseded with the second edition. A new pro version with advanced features is also available but it may overwhelm novices.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    OK guys I want suck to the last drop of juice from my new set up so I'm asking for help again, can anyone advise me for a good room measurement equipment kit (mic and SW) my main idea is get a good use of the CP800 filters to improve the sound I have not big budget for this,I want get it without spend a lot.
    thanks for your inputs.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by RebelMan
    Heh, all-in here. I like McIntosh but in my experience it gels much better with Sonus Faber than it does B&W. It wasn't serendipitous that B&W voiced the Diamonds with Classé amplifiers.
    yeap I like mcintosh too but not to live the next 10 years with them

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by BWLover
    I heard the 802di and ca2300 in a demo room at a stereo shop. Was VERY nice. I was pushing 100-110 dB and it wasn't breaking a sweat or heating up at all. The speakers disappeared completely and the sound staging was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
    your words are very precise, my dream stereo combo must sound unreal! but I want share my experience with my "dream stereo combo" in the past, I never had hear this combo(classe cp800+ca2300+802 di) before but what I read for other owners in different forums motivated me to get in with one of these, in my last vacation finally I could heard the combo and the sound was very bad, lifeless without bass and with a midrange opaque.

Almost I was unmotivated to buy specially because I had a lot expectation in the "usb apple certificate" interface so that was what I auditioned in Denmark, very disappointment I was but my advance was put too so I had no many choice anyway. I not could stop the purchase but I can change the CP800 for the CA2300 because the Ethernet board was not ready yet.

For this funny thing of life, I has both now and yesterday I listened this input again 8O I can believe what different was, this sound rocks! I have compared the same song trought of my oppo (CD version) vs my iphone 5 ripped version, I’m in shock with the result!; the wonderful oppo was beaten for the classe in all way possible, the sound is not even in the same league.
    I encourage to any forums members to doing a listening to this input in the CP800 , it is unbelievable how good sound you could get from this DAC!

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Congrats Leo, nice to see more Classe gear, far to much McIntosh/B&W pairing these days for my liking We need to get the Classe and Bryston counts up higher
    Many thanks Rod, yeap we need break the paradigm of the good combination Mcintosh+B&W and encourage the people to try something different , I'm not saying that mcintosh is bad but the sweetness in this hobby is try all possible combination.

Leave a comment:

• RebelMan
    replied
    Originally posted by BWLover
    I heard the 802di and ca2300 in a demo room at a stereo shop. Was VERY nice. I was pushing 100-110 dB and it wasn't breaking a sweat or heating up at all. The speakers disappeared completely and the sound staging was amazing!
    Do you recall the pre-amp they used?

Leave a comment:

• RebelMan
    replied
    Congrats Leo, nice to see more Classe gear, far to much McIntosh/B&W pairing these days for my liking We need to get the Classe and Bryston counts up higher
    Heh, all-in here. I like McIntosh but in my experience it gels much better with Sonus Faber than it does B&W. It wasn't serendipitous that B&W voiced the Diamonds with Classé amplifiers.

Leave a comment:

• BWLover
    replied

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app

Leave a comment:

• Rod#S
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    OK I will let you know the final model.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    You can feel free to bring them over to my house and hook them up to my 802Di... you know... just so you know how it sounds........... you can of course leave them there until you get your 802Dis.................

just saying.

LOL

Looks awesome and I really hate you now as I see that sitting there and it makes me want my CP-800 that I want to get............................................... ............. But since I don't have the money for it (still got a couple months to finish the 802Dis off).... that means I'll just wait for the CP-800 with the new board.
    JAJAJA yes I will bring this combo to your home but I will back with the gear and your speakers!

I was supposed that I was waiting for for the new board but my dealer brought it together with the amplifier so he not give me choice to wait I hope to having complete the CP800 a mid of september.

Leave a comment:

• Kobus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    You can feel free to bring them over to my house and hook them up to my 802Di... you know... just so you know how it sounds........... you can of course leave them there until you get your 802Dis.................

just saying.

LOL

Looks awesome and I really hate you now as I see that sitting there and it makes me want my CP-800 that I want to get............................................... ............. But since I don't have the money for it (still got a couple months to finish the 802Dis off).... that means I'll just wait for the CP-800 with the new board.

Leave a comment:

• mjb
    replied
    Congratulations Leo, you will not be unhappy You've a stella combo there.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Congrats.

A very lucky man.

I think you made the best choice.

Enjoy

ps: Is you cabinet handling the weight of the amp.
    Thanks Kobus,
    yes it is, the cabinet is provisional and I need to fabricate one so for now it can be doing the duty easily

Leave a comment:

• Kobus
    replied
    Congrats.

A very lucky man.

I think you made the best choice.

Enjoy

ps: Is you cabinet handling the weight of the amp.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    well after one year finally I have two new babes, the dream is almost completed I only need to get the new ethernet board for the CP800 and the more expensive component of the dream: the 802Di 8O. I had not time to sit and listen but I'm thinking that the next weekend I will be busy very busy

some pic for now:

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Hey great to hear! You do know that they are making an update for the CP-800 that will do network streaming and allow full 24/192 from the DAC (firmware update on this, but from what I understand it's integrated so you need the network streaming board)... So you might want to inquire about that, I heard they will also be doing something for people that already have the CP-800. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off (that and finish paying off the 802Dis & HTM2Di.... Hopefully get a good 0% for 24 Months again just to easily make the payments.

You will love it though, I have no doubt about that... It's going to blow you away how much better it is than what you had And will probably caus eyou to want to do a new amp and keep upgrading. lol.

Can wait to hear you opinions once you get it (and it breaks in). It'll take a good 100hr to break in.

Hi pewterta yes I can't wait for it but it will be here only the next month, that is what I have to pay for five years of local warranty. It's rare but my dealer said that the ethernet board is ready and the CP800 will bring this upgrade. I hope not be to cheated with this.

BTW I will test the CP800 and if this is as good like I hope then the CA2300 will come too.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    Hey great to hear! You do know that they are making an update for the CP-800 that will do network streaming and allow full 24/192 from the DAC (firmware update on this, but from what I understand it's integrated so you need the network streaming board)... So you might want to inquire about that, I heard they will also be doing something for people that already have the CP-800. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off (that and finish paying off the 802Dis & HTM2Di.... Hopefully get a good 0% for 24 Months again just to easily make the payments.

You will love it though, I have no doubt about that... It's going to blow you away how much better it is than what you had And will probably caus eyou to want to do a new amp and keep upgrading. lol.

Can wait to hear you opinions once you get it (and it breaks in). It'll take a good 100hr to break in.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Hi guys well I finally will go with the stereo option and the CP800 coming soon, I put my advance and it will come in a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    The surrounds should not be out of place... at least hardly if at all.

The key here is the "sound" or coloration of the music coming from all speakers will be more based off the HT Pre you're using... not the CP-800... it it's bypass mode, it's just that, it's supposed to disappear. So it should not color or change the sound over what the other speakers are getting. That's sort of the beauty of what they've done with that... So with that in mind... for surround music listening it should be the same.

For 2 channel and using just the cp-800, I would hope it sounds better... otherwise, there's no reason for it!
    yes, if I will no get better performance in two channel the CP800 it will be a waste of money. personally I never hear the CP800 sound only the SSP800 and I like the sound was better that my actual setup. I hope that a least I can get a high end sound in two channels.
    Pewter what do you think about CA2300 vs CA5300, I wondering how the sound will be from a 5 channels amp when only reproduce two channels, many people say is better a two channel instead five, any thoughts?

BTW if any one has experience in this last statement please enlighten me.
    Last edited by leo2498; 09 April 2013, 21:20 Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    The surrounds should not be out of place... at least hardly if at all.

The key here is the "sound" or coloration of the music coming from all speakers will be more based off the HT Pre you're using... not the CP-800... it it's bypass mode, it's just that, it's supposed to disappear. So it should not color or change the sound over what the other speakers are getting. That's sort of the beauty of what they've done with that... So with that in mind... for surround music listening it should be the same.

For 2 channel and using just the cp-800, I would hope it sounds better... otherwise, there's no reason for it!

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by kcsun
    The Arcam AVR600 is on its way out, it will be replaced with a new model in the next two months (hopefully!)
    I would wait for the new model, I have a 600 and love it

kc
    Hi Thanks for your input, How was sonically the Arcam? are you using this like Pre or AVR? I read many post from people that have much problem with bugs in video and poping noise when change from different inputs, you had this problem? you are using B&W speaker with this?
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• kcsun
    replied
    The Arcam AVR600 is on its way out, it will be replaced with a new model in the next two months (hopefully!)
    I would wait for the new model, I have a 600 and love it

kc

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    In my opinion, the CP-800 is more worth while getting than missing out on that and spending the money on a lower end processor for Audio.

I was going to go with the SSP-800, however, I think the CP-800 is a decent bit better (DACs are better and it's more geared for 2ch audio). So my compromise for this is to go A LOT cheaper. Getting the CP-800, I'm going to add an Emotiva UMC-200 or XMC-1 to the mix. This route saves about $4k to the price tag of the SSP-800 and gives about 97% of the surround "quality" of the SSP-800.

For me, 2ch is a lot more critical for listening and weaknesses are much more easily heard. Surround sound duty (even with multi-ch audio) isn't quite as noticeable. It's the old, the more information you have to pay attention to...you can't focus on individual aspects as easily.

The thing I like about the CP-800 is it has a complete bypass (volume and everything) so that the signal coming in from a HT pre will completely bypass anything in he CP-800, so that means there's NO volume matching required. Just hit the button (well set it for the input) and no worries. Only thing you'll have is a little extra power consumption of having two units on vs one.

But the benefit is having the better quality in 2ch and better DACs (the DACs in the CP-800 are as good (if not better and probably are better as I've not A/Bed them) as my modified Cambridge Audio CDP 840c (which is identical to the Schiit Gungnir and other sub $1.5K DACs).

My opinion is if you really love music and listen to mostly 2ch... it's worth getting the CP-800 and then getting a "cheaper" HT pre to fill in that duty for surround and multichannel.
    Yes indeed I'm planning to use CP800 in that configuration but I wondering if when I use it to play concerts maybe the center and surrounds will not match to the fronts and I fear that it sound bad, I tested differents stereo preamps in the past and I Know that It will affect huge the final sound so I'm in a cross road. if I will go with the stereo classe combo I will keep my denon 3310 like multichannel pre and amplifier to my center and surround speakers.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    In my opinion, the CP-800 is more worth while getting than missing out on that and spending the money on a lower end processor for Audio.

I was going to go with the SSP-800, however, I think the CP-800 is a decent bit better (DACs are better and it's more geared for 2ch audio). So my compromise for this is to go A LOT cheaper. Getting the CP-800, I'm going to add an Emotiva UMC-200 or XMC-1 to the mix. This route saves about $4k to the price tag of the SSP-800 and gives about 97% of the surround "quality" of the SSP-800.

For me, 2ch is a lot more critical for listening and weaknesses are much more easily heard. Surround sound duty (even with multi-ch audio) isn't quite as noticeable. It's the old, the more information you have to pay attention to...you can't focus on individual aspects as easily.

The thing I like about the CP-800 is it has a complete bypass (volume and everything) so that the signal coming in from a HT pre will completely bypass anything in he CP-800, so that means there's NO volume matching required. Just hit the button (well set it for the input) and no worries. Only thing you'll have is a little extra power consumption of having two units on vs one.

But the benefit is having the better quality in 2ch and better DACs (the DACs in the CP-800 are as good (if not better and probably are better as I've not A/Bed them) as my modified Cambridge Audio CDP 840c (which is identical to the Schiit Gungnir and other sub $1.5K DACs).

My opinion is if you really love music and listen to mostly 2ch... it's worth getting the CP-800 and then getting a "cheaper" HT pre to fill in that duty for surround and multichannel.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    I'm bringing this thread again because almost 8 month took me save the 12K for the classe combo stereo but I have seriously doubts about this movement, Why? well first I love listening cd's in pure stereo mode of my Denon and my multichannel listening is a few bluray concerts and movies(I have a 200 Bluray library); I wondering if an AVR like Arcam AVR-600 could give me the same performance in two channel of the CP800(obviously not the same but close enough) and still get good performance in five channel reproduction. if with this budget I will get a ca5300 instead of a ca2300 then I will need save for a least two years to could get a SSP800 so this option not like me a lot.

other option that I could get is the rotel RSP1572 and the CA5300 but in this option I'm think that I will get out of the high end stereo listening, I'm wrong with this statement?

any tips about new combo in this budget is welcome but remember that I prefer a musically preamplifier that options like 4K and airplay.

Kal had reviewed the marantz pre 8801 in his last colum in stereophile, I wondering how this pre will approach to the performance to the SSP800?

thanks for any tips!

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by stuofsci02
    I think the SSP800 is very nice.. Is the CP800 better? Probably a bit...
    Yes my dealer are thinking in the same way, well I have my answer. :T

Leave a comment:

• stuofsci02
    replied
    Originally posted by leo2498
    thanks stuart for your quickly answer, yes is only a noise when I'm very close of tweeter(1,5" max), so it's not a problem, it's good to know. it's possible get out this noise? I'm using audioquest cables that it suppose to remove this noise and I can't hear it when I listen music but it get me attention.

thanks for the info. :T

What do you think about the SSP800 with a amp like the Parasound A52 or emotiva xpA-5, I could get the same quality audio with this combo? Or never a AVR can overcome to stereo pre amp?

I could get a budget of 12500usd for de classe stereo combo but I wondering if I can get something better under this budget with the same result.
    I think the SSP800 is very nice.. Is the CP800 better? Probably a bit...

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    A small amount of hiss when your ear is within 6" of the speaker is not abnormal, and will not be audible when you are listening.

I am not sure what might be causing this for you.

I notice I get a very small amount with my Analog pre amp, but non with my pre/pro.. It could be because the pre/pro work entirely in the digital domain until then end, so there is not much circuitry to pick up a little bit of noise.
    thanks stuart for your quickly answer, yes is only a noise when I'm very close of tweeter(1,5" max), so it's not a problem, it's good to know. it's possible get out this noise? I'm using audioquest cables that it suppose to remove this noise and I can't hear it when I listen music but it get me attention.

thanks for the info. :T

What do you think about the SSP800 with a amp like the Parasound A52 or emotiva xpA-5, I could get the same quality audio with this combo? Or never a AVR can overcome to stereo pre amp?

I could get a budget of 12500usd for de classe stereo combo but I wondering if I can get something better under this budget with the same result.

Leave a comment:

• stuofsci02
    replied
    Hi Stuart long time my dealer took to set an appointment but finally today I was auditioning the combo clase that I told you and it sound greats but I have some doubt because I will go for the two channel version so I asked to my dealer for borrow the pre Atoll again for try to clear my mind but after all set up in my system I get the improvement in bass and midrange that I saw the last time; what difference a pre can do, but just for curiosity I put my ear close to the tweeter and I hear some static noise, this noise never had been in my system before so only one component have this problem (the pre obviously). If I turn off the pre with the amp in on, the noise go away but when I turn on it, the noise come back; it could be a problem of the Atoll pre or it is a problem with the rest of system?
    I’m wondering if I will get the same problem with the classe?
    Are you had this problem before?

thanks for you help.
    A small amount of hiss when your ear is within 6" of the speaker is not abnormal, and will not be audible when you are listening.

I am not sure what might be causing this for you.

I notice I get a very small amount with my Analog pre amp, but non with my pre/pro.. It could be because the pre/pro work entirely in the digital domain until then end, so there is not much circuitry to pick up a little bit of noise.

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    I spend my day listen again different combo between atoll integrate amp and the rotel gear, after listening few hour I have not doubt that the preamp is the bigger element in a stereo system(After the speakers), mi first impresion about the atoll amp was a mistake, the problem was not the amp it was the preamp to amp combo; you could call me crazy but I think that the pre amp of rotel have better match with the amp atoll that the atoll itself(the bass is more powerfull and articulate), but for personal taste I preffer atoll pre with rotel amp.

I read your post about the preamp chord and here are a real true inside, our ears are adapted easily to our system mainly because we are used to it but that a high end preamp are better I not have doubt this. another thought I had was how the preamp influences in the final sound. this affect high, mid and bass performance. I thought that in the amp is the sugar but the real thing is share between both of them.

for know I will seek info about the classe CP800 but I'm highly motivated to get one, the last year I spend a lot of money in my room so maybe this will be the last change in my system and the amp will be waiting for a least one a two year(the only way that I could afford it would be if I can sell my 805D that have only 3 month old).

the next saturday is possible that I can audition the ssp800 with ca5300 and 802Di if I would maybe I will be putting my advance for the CP800 the next week.

I will let you know the result.

Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Rotel RB1582 Main amp, pre Denon AVR 3310, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" ue55d8000 sub definitive pro1000
    Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Yamaha AVR 663, Source Marantz CD5004.
    Hi Stuart long time my dealer took to set an appointment but finally today I was auditioning the combo classe that I told you and it sound greats but I have some doubt because I will go for the two channel version so I asked to my dealer for borrow the pre Atoll again for try to clear my mind but after all set up in my system I get the improvement in bass and midrange that I saw the last time; what difference a pre can do, but just for curiosity I put my ear close to the tweeter and I hear some static noise, this noise never had been in my system before so only one component have this problem (the pre obviously). If I turn off the pre with the amp in on, the noise go away but when I turn on it, the noise coming back; it could be a problem of the Atoll pre or it is a problem with the rest of system?
    I’m wondering if I will get the same problem with the classe?
    Are you had this problem before?

thanks for you help

Leave a comment:

• Henry982
    replied
    Originally posted by mjb
    Nice story Henry. Its not just about spending, but spending wisely on quality components that work well together :T
    Thanks mjb

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by mjb
    All my sources are HDMI, the SSP-800 suits me very well for that, the only improvement I can think of is perhaps adding a CP-800 for pure stereo - but I think any improvement would be minimal. I stand to be corrected
    thanks for your answer, Mike what are you using like source for your music? I know the SSP800 have XLR stereo input you never was used that before?

Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Rotel RB1582 Main amp, pre Denon AVR 3310, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" ue55d8000 sub definitive prosub 1000
    Last edited by leo2498; 08 August 2012, 15:14 Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• mjb
    replied
    hi Mike, I wondering how is your SSP 800 in the stereo field? are you compared it with a high end stereo Preamp?
    All my sources are HDMI, the SSP-800 suits me very well for that, the only improvement I can think of is perhaps adding a CP-800 for pure stereo - but I think any improvement would be minimal. I stand to be corrected

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by mjb
    Nice story Henry. Its not just about spending, but spending wisely on quality components that work well together :T
    hi Mike, I wondering how is your SSP 800 in the stereo field? are you compared it with a high end stereo Preamp?

Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Rotel RB1582 Main amp, pre Denon AVR 3310, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" ue55d8000 sub definitive prosub 1000

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry982
    Leo

Sorry about the delay in my answer but I've been packed at work. I use the PC as one source with some good quality mp3 but my main source is the PS3 and my DVD and Bluray Concerts. I have connected my PS3 through an HDMI cable to the TV (same for comcast the cable company) and then using the TV as a bridge using the analog output from the tv directly to my rotel pre-amp.

Further I'm going to write some lines about my short-story that maybe can be helpful.

The reason why I change my set-up:

I started with two BW685 connected pure stereo to my pioneer elite receiver vsx-52. I liked the sound but I always knew that I needed more. Then, my wife was complaining because the dialog in the movies was missing (the least of my concerns but she was right) and that’s how I decided to buy the HTM1 center. After a couple of months and endless hours fixing the system, I decided that the receiver was the problem. So, I borrowed a SC-55 from my uncle. Much better sound, in this one you can set-up the equalizer for each speaker.

After a while I decided that I needed a better speaker. So, I sold my 685 and I bought two 683. A total disaster. The pioneer and the 683 did not sound good for me. So, I went to an audio store, and I bought the NAD 356BEE integrated amp. Great Sound. A totally different story.

Two months later I was assigned to work here in Chicago. So I brought all my gear and I was happy until the day that I went to the biggest audio store in town. When, I auditioned my speakers with the rotel rc-1520. I was so fascinated that I bought it right away. The sound was incredible but after a couple of hours the amp use to go into protection. So, I went back to the store and the guy gave me the RC-1550, and RB-1552. Man, my life change after that moment. I was trying not to spend more money, my wife was ready to kill me but it was all worth it. I just loved the sound. Up to the point that I trade my 683 and I bought the CM8 just to get the purest sound I can afford.

My result. After having in my house some of the greatest receivers in the market (Onkyo NR-1008, Pioneer Elite SC-55, Pioneer Elite VSX-52) which drives dts-THX etc. Guys this rc-1550 sound better for movies, concerts and music in general is just superb.

By the way I have a Rel T3 but I'm thinking on going forward to the Rel T-1 to close my system for now.

Have a great day. Long answer Leo but I hope it helps you.
    Henry thanks for sharing your experience with me, I'm in the same boat like you since I bought my 804S in 2010 and it's never end. you will need to take my advice just get your ears away of the high end store :B jajaja the result will be your pocket empty and a bigger smile in your face with this. :T

Leo,
    Saludos

Leave a comment:

• leo2498
    replied
    I don't think getting a great preamp first and upgrading the amp later is a bad choice at all.

I know I did it backwards, but I think this was a rookie mistake on my part. If I had to do it all over again, I would get a great preamp first and get something like a Emotiva XPA-2 or something like that, until I could match my amp with the preamp.

I am finding that once you reach a certain level of amp the differences can be quite small. I have an Emotiva UPA-2 which is 125 wpc and when I compare to my Chord SPM-650 at 130wpc, I for sure like the Chord better, but the differences are not night and day as some might assume. The Chord is faster, less grainy and has better overall control of the speakers IMO, but I think the preamp would make a bigger difference.. At least that is what I have noticed.

Here is another thread I wrote after testing my Emo USP-1 vs. an entry level Chord preamp.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...y&thread=15403

I spend my day listen again different combo between atoll integrate amp and the rotel gear, after listening few hour I have not doubt that the preamp is the bigger element in a stereo system(After the speakers), mi first impresion about the atoll amp was a mistake, the problem was not the amp it was the preamp to amp combo; you could call me crazy but I think that the pre amp of rotel have better match with the amp atoll that the atoll itself(the bass is more powerfull and articulate), but for personal taste I preffer atoll pre with rotel amp.

I read your post about the preamp chord and here are a real true inside, our ears are adapted easily to our system mainly because we are used to it but that a high end preamp are better I not have doubt this. another thought I had was how the preamp influences in the final sound. this affect high, mid and bass performance. I thought that in the amp is the sugar but the real thing is share between both of them.

for know I will seek info about the classe CP800 but I'm highly motivated to get one, the last year I spend a lot of money in my room so maybe this will be the last change in my system and the amp will be waiting for a least one a two year(the only way that I could afford it would be if I can sell my 805D that have only 3 month old).

the next saturday is possible that I can audition the ssp800 with ca5300 and 802Di if I would maybe I will be putting my advance for the CP800 the next week.

I will let you know the result.

Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Rotel RB1582 Main amp, pre Denon AVR 3310, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" ue55d8000 sub definitive pro1000

Leave a comment:

• mjb
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry982
    Further I'm going to write some lines about my short-story that maybe can be helpful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"