X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotteh
    • Mar 2011

CM5 Owner's Using an Arcam AMP

Morning All,

Just a quick one, I've run the Arcam auto setup twice, the first time it told me all the speakers were "Large" (CM9's, CM5's and a CMC2). The second time it told me they were all small?

My question to you fellow owner's is what should they be set at, large or small? The CM9's should be large I'm guessing but I'm not sure on the CM5's or CMC2.

TIA

Scott
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Scotteh
    Morning All,

Just a quick one, I've run the Arcam auto setup twice, the first time it told me all the speakers were "Large" (CM9's, CM5's and a CMC2). The second time it told me they were all small?

My question to you fellow owner's is what should they be set at, large or small? The CM9's should be large I'm guessing but I'm not sure on the CM5's or CMC2.

TIA

Scott
    First off, I've never been a huge fan of 'auto setups' as a rule. Also, I really don't like the concept for some speakers being large and some small for home theatre. MESSY!!. Some might disagree with me on this but I believe for 'seamless' sound transitions between the left, right, and center speakers, they should all be set to either small or large together. Preferably small because all low freq effects (LFE) should be sent to the sub. If you have a sub, then my advise is to turn off the auto setup, use it, and set all your speakers to small for home theatre with a 80hz cutoff.

If you have large fronts and like your music in 2ch stereo, then change the settings for the fronts to large when you listen to music :T
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Scotteh
      • Mar 2011

Yeah I did use it then changed some settings myself, it was just the speaker "size" which I was unsure about, I'll give the low setting a go this evening as my new Panasonic blu-ray player arrived this afternoon.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"