X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

New ARCAM processor to be released soon

ARCAM has released their new pre/pro for 2005. The AVP-700 is on the waters as I type this and heading for the North America distribution center in Indianaplois.

This is a gem of a unit. I'll post more details as they become available but according to the folks at Audiophile Systems, LTD. (they are the North American importers and distributors for ARCAM) they have listened to it and are floored by it's performance. They claim it bests the highly acclaimed AVR-300 receiver of ARCAM which would be no small feat. I have both the AV8 (their flagship processor) and AVR-300 in my showrooms. The AVR-300 is an awesome piece of equipment.

Anyhow, it will have both balanced and unbalanced outputs (something the AV8 doesn't have) and it will incorporate HDMI switching (something else the AV8 doesn't have) and upconversion.

It will list for $2,199 U.S.; it has a matching amp, the P1000.

ASL anticipates receiving the shipment around the end of June and have it available around the 2nd week of July for shipment. They already have around 200 units on pre-order!

Jim

P.S. I think anyone can glean from this some of the changes forthcoming on the AV8 --- either by updating or total replacement in the coming months/years.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Here's some early release info on the AVP-700....

Attached Files
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Gregavi
      • Sep 2004

This appears to be one of the real pre/pro bargains at $2200. If I were in the market for a pre/pro, it would be at the top of my list. The other being the Outlaw 990. I think the Arcam out-classes the Outlaw by a significant margin though. At more than $1k less than the likes of Anthem, B&K and Sunfire and more than $2k less than Integra and Halo among others, I can't imagine anyone not seriously considering the Arcam. Unless you've got money to burn.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

Anthem just announced at CEDIA that the D1 (D2) and AVM30 (AVM50) will soon have

-Room-eq

-World class Gennum scaler:

And just to think that Bhuskins, an HTguide sponsor talked about a "sub-par" scaler for the Anthem pre/pros a couple of months ago... :roll: You would have to pay around 3000-4000$ just for a Crystalio II or Optoma VX3000 scaler with the Gennum chip... Gennum is the Realta HQV direct competitor.
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• bhuskins
          • Aug 2003

Is this bait or what?

You could get the Gennum processor for free in a Marantz S4 as well...

Too bad the Anthem units don't succeed in the sound department. :B :B :B

I couldn't resist.

LEVESQUE - You at the show...we should definitely meet up and compare notes. When is Anthem coming out with a player...did you see the D3 universal player from Halo?

Brent Huskins
          Media Design
          HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"