X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howardg
    • Oct 2010

best way to connect my ASW608 subwoofer to amp

Hello, this is my first post as a new member. I want to connect my B&W ASW608 subwoofer to my NAD C326BEE integrated amp. The sub has two line-level inputs that allow it to be directly connected to an integrated amplifier. These inputs are labeled "L" and "R". The NAD has "Sub 1" and "Sub 2" outputs. I think both are mono and there are two so two subs can be used. How do I make the connection? With a Y splitter cable? Or do I just connect the NAD's Sub 1 out to one of the sub's input jacks? Which one - left or right? The B&W sub seems to want a two-channel connection, but the NAD seems to offer two single channel connections. Or should I just wire the sub in with the speakers (B&W 686s). I'm confused! Thank you.

HowardG
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Bass in those ranges is usually split evenly between channels. Either left or right shouldn't make any audible difference. I can't attest to every single recording , but subwoofers are pretty omni-directional. Nice system you have there !
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• howardg
      • Oct 2010

Thanks for the advice. Do you think I'll get equally good results regardless of whether I wire the subs in with the satellites or connect the sub directly to the amp?

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by howardg
        Thanks for the advice. Do you think I'll get equally good results regardless of whether I wire the subs in with the satellites or connect the sub directly to the amp?
        howardg,

Good question. Whichever device has the better crossover should provide better performance. My guess is that it would be the NAD. You can try both ways and see what sounds better to you.

Also, welcome to the forum. :T

Hope this helps.

Comment

• howardg
          • Oct 2010

Thanks again for the advice and for the warm welcome.

Comment

• Ron526
            • Oct 2006

Hi
            A solution that I used is to get a Y connector with all male ends.
            Single RCA end into the amp then 2 RCA cables to the sub's L/R.
            I may be fooling myself, but I feel better with a L/R input to the
            sub, ASW600.
            Ron

Comment

• ryan.devry
              • Apr 2008

howardg:

I have a similar set up. Two mono outputs, B&W 685, and ASW608. I tried it in line with the speakers, a y-connection, and using both monos (one left and one right). I didn't notice much if any difference either way. It took some adjusting on the subwoofer, but that is the fun part right?

I would recommend hooking it up either using the Y connection or using both mono outputs (one as a left and one as a right)...........I like the subwoofer controls to adjust using the RCA inputs better than the line level.....Just my opinion....Good luck!!!
              Ryan
              -------------------------

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"