How to connect 2 Subs to a RSP-1098?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

How to connect 2 Subs to a RSP-1098?????

Hi Everyone,

I have a Rotel Processor RSP-1098 and I have just received my second Sub which are the ASW 850 and I want to connect them:

1) Do I connect sub 1 in The processor under Sub 1 Input and the 2nd Sub in the Sub 2 Input??
    OR

2) Do I connect the 2 Subs In a Daisy connection ( which I believe means to have the 2 Subs connected together, having one Sub feeding Input to the 2nd Sub as if they were in Parallel) ?????

3) If I use senario Number 1 shall I use a "Y" connection? after the 2 Subs are connected to the 2 Inputs in the processor with a Mono cable or should that cable have a "Y" ending split?? Because I could have both with Mono conections and then have a "Y" connection put on afterwards, or should the main cable split as a "Y" connection??

I'm lost here because I have the first Sub in the processor In Input Sub 1 and the second Sub In Sub Input number 2. When I go to the TEST ZONE Sub Number 1 makes noise which is correct ,but Sub 2 doesn't even budge ,but when I put Music or DTS concerts both Subs work In Harmony..I believe??? so how come in the TEST ZONE my 2nd Sub has no noise??? Strange!!! Plus could I put the processor to lets say accept Sub 2 or confirm existance of Sub 2 like Center 2 etc????.. Although the Sub works when there is any source Music or T.V etc., So have I connected things wrong here??

Is it better to connect the 2 Subs like I did Sub1 / Sub 2 Input In processor or A daisy connection ( A connector between both Subs.)???

I am totally confused here and would appreciate all your help with kindness.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there???????
    Chinets
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

Chinets, I would go with option number one since you have two sub out's on your 1098. I'm not sure why your not getting any output with your in the test mode.

If you post this thred on the Rotel web page you will likely have better luck in addressing your concerns.

Jeff

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

I meant out puts in the Amp. ( Not In puts) , and Thanks I did post this now on the Rotel site as you told me Jeff...You maybe right!!

Yes, can't get 2nd Sub to produce any sound In TEST ZONE ONLY, but otherwise, it works and sounds like my 1st Sub ASW 850 with Music in CD OR HT or any T.V. source...Yes very stange unless I am connecting this all wrong??

What am I doing wrong here or is there a problem with my connection, The Sub or the 1098 although otherwise when I play a source it workd perfectly IMHO !!!!

I could have the connections for the Subs wrong??
      Anyone out there that can help??
      Thanks Jeff,

Best regards,
      Chinets

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"