So few 80x Di upgrade/new owners posts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by brb01
    I guess I was really lucky with my 802's. I ordered my cherry 802di's the middle of June and received them one week later. My dealer told me that they are limiting the 800 series to the top 100 dealers in the country. I don't know if this is true but when I got mine he said that mine were like the 6th pair they have sold already. Hope everyone gets there stuff soon because they are absolutely wonderful.
    Jebus, I ordered mine last fall.. However just tonight, I recieved word of early october.. That is real sooon
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

They should ship out to the people in the order of the dates they where purchased (first come, first serve basis). Especially the people who paid in full...

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by emig5m
        They should ship out to the people in the order of the dates they where purchased (first come, first serve basis). Especially the people who paid in full...
        That would seem the fair way to do it. However there is also the question of what wood was selected. I have yet to see any rosenut. Its almost exclusively piano...
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• brb01
          • Mar 2010

I don't know my dealer must be loved by B&W because I have seen two sets of 802's in rosenut there. I think you guys who have paid in full need to get on your dealer!

Comment

• garak
            • Jul 2007

I'm happy to report that my 802Di arrived today! :dance: They've been setup for about 3 hours now, and they sound great right out of the box.

What really stands out in my initial impressions when comparing the 802Di to my 803D is that the level of clarity and detail in the 802Di is significantly better than the 803D. This is especially true in the upper mid-range. The woodwinds and violins really come alive with the 802Di. In many orchestral contexts, the violas are often buried and difficult to hear. Not so with the 802Di, and I was able to hear the violas clearly for the first time in many recordings. The bass seems fuller, yet more controlled than the 803D.

So initially, I'm quite happy with the 802Di. Honestly, I think the difference going from the 803D to the 802Di was greater than the difference going from 804S to 803D. Granted, at the time I went from 804S to 803D I was using Rotel electronics, so perhaps the Rotel gear was the limiting factor in that case.

For the others that have the Diamond series on order, hopefully this means B&W is working through their backlog, and you should be receiving your speakers soon. You won't be disappointed. :T

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

Probably price is a major difference why there isn't many people discussing them. I have a set of 805D's on order and should be here soon but I got fabulous deal on them.

But I think the best bang for the buck is the 602 S3/685 and if you want 90% of a 804S get a CM9. Don't confuse the N804 with the 804S totally different animals (N804 sucks IMO).
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Stevebez
                B&W are missing a trick here .... why not offer the Di drivers to owners of the D series range as upgrades to their existing cabinets? I assume the cabinet internals are unchanged?

Much easier to achieve and I would expect a fairly simple procedure, in fact I would expect its a not too difficult a DIY process - a few bolts & screws and some connections ... bingo. Obviously if this is a dealer only upgrade shipping the units back and forth would not make this viable anyway.... it has to be a DIY offering.

This I would be interested in. There is just no way I do a full swap of my 803D for 803Di's.....

The old drivers? Well there is always flea bay ... and then its only the bass (and mid?) drivers we talking about here not the D tweeters.

Come on B&W get with the program...EDIT: it might also allow B&W to actually ship these puppies out....
                For B&W business reason it make more sense not to offer any upgrades

"Just buy the new one so our wallets can fill up while yours empty" B&W :B:B :B :B :B
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by dan87951
                  Probably price is a major difference why there isn't many people discussing them. I have a set of 805D's on order and should be here soon but I got fabulous deal on them.
                  How much 10%, 20%, 30%
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dan87951
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                    How much 10%, 20%, 30%
                    It's not fair for me to say because I know someone in the business.
                    dan87951
                    audio guru

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"