804S 803S or 803D music style important?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghostof T
    • Jan 2006

804S 803S or 803D music style important?

Hi folks,
    at first thank you for the awesome B&W forum, I must admit I spent alot of time reading your posts - great stuff , very interesting.

I am about to buy a pair of BWs, but don't know exactly what to buy. My personal experience is that the 804S are really fascinating speakers, concidering not to spend too much money. I compared them to the 803S and 803 D and think that they give the best out of their money.
    In fact, I hear mostly the Boss (Bruce Springsteen), especially the Devils&Dust pieces, so it was astonishing when first listening to BWs (I still have the Bose901). The acoustic guitar is amazing , nearly better then live!

Does anyone have experience with not knowing , if 804S 803S or 803 D. Does it also depend on the kind of music you are listening to. Do you think also in smaller rooms, it may be better to choose the 804. What about living under the roof with high walls?

Or has anyone also 802D in small rooms and is satisfied with his choice. I know it is hard to try these big speakers at home!

Thank you for your hints! :P
  • rav934
    • Dec 2005

Given that B&W 804s will hold their value....start with them and focus on buying excellent supporting equipment. I was not satisfied with my 804s until I upgraded to this list of equipment (just a suggestion for you to consider):

Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated amp ($2500)
    Musical Fidelity A5 CD player ($2500)
    Acoustic Zen Sotori Shutgun speaker cables ($1200)
    Acoustic Zen Silver Ref II interconnect ($1000)

Also, don't neglect room acoustics and power conditioners!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"