X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

B&w new series going up in price! WHY??

Is it business as usual? New products, raise the price?? The looks have improved. I´m always affraid sales people will tell you anytihng to sell, for example, the new B&W have new and better crossovers along with 50 other improvements. Does anyone think that the 800 series improves each time?? I have the 801 series 80, besides the bass being as it is, i think the midrange and tweeter is almost as good as say 803D and 802D?

I don´t mean to put a knife in anyones back, but I can´t be the only one who has this idea??

:T
  • ryan.devry
    • Apr 2008

In the new 800 series only the 805D and 804D have a huge price jump...mainly due to the diamond...the other speakers in the line only raised a little......inflation maybe.....
    Ryan
    -------------------------

Comment

• John22614
      • Feb 2010

I've been wondering the same thing. I recently got my 804s's at a nice discount out of box and they sound wonderful in my modest size living room. Its hard for me to imagine that the new ones are worth twice the cost, and I doubt I will ever be able to do a side by side comparison. I have asked the dealer to let me know when the new ones arrive, however, so I can go give them a listen. But, no way am I planning on buying them.
      B&W 804s Mains
      B&W HTM4 Center
      Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
      Marantz AV 7005 processor
      Anthem MCA 30 Amp
      Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• ryan.devry
        • Apr 2008

It would be great if the 804D were way 5500....lol....i'd be sold
        Ryan
        -------------------------

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"