X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildmda
    • Jan 2009

Denon 3808 or Rotel 1570

Will I get a significant sound and video difference by going to a Rotel 1570 over my Denon 3808 receiver.

I have rotel 1080 and 1095 amps and B&W 803s, HTM3, ASW855 and 685 speakers.

I have a PS3 for a blue ray device.

I am trying to decide whether to get a preamp or keep my Denon receiver.

Thanks for your help.
  • Ken49r
    • Dec 2007

I think sound quality will be better with the 1570.
    More than likely the Denon AVR is bottlenecking the sound from the Rotel amps. At least that was the case with my Onkyo 804-AVR & RMB-1095 combo. The Rotel RSP-1069 made a world of difference paired with the Rotel amp. I'm definitely a believer in matching amp & pre-amp now.
    If you have a Rotel dealer near you it would be a good idea to see if you can demo one in your setup.

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by wildmda
      Will I get a significant sound and video difference by going to a Rotel 1570 over my Denon 3808 receiver.

I have rotel 1080 and 1095 amps and B&W 803s, HTM3, ASW855 and 685 speakers.

I have a PS3 for a blue ray device.

I am trying to decide whether to get a preamp or keep my Denon receiver.

Thanks for your help.
      Im in totaly same situtation. I have 803s, Htm3 and Cm1 connected on Denon 3808+Rotel 1080. I had a chance few weeks ago, to test my system with McIntosh C15 Preamp/Mcintosh Amp. There was huuuge difference with McIntosh PreAmp compared to Denon. Interesting, i got much bigger difference with Mac PreAmp vs Denon as Preamp then when i compared Rotel 1080 vs McIntosh Amp (there was also difference but not that big as with PreAmp). I was not sure where i got the difference, becouse of dedicated Stereo Preamp vs Receiver or becouse of McIntosh Signature. To be sure i borrowed Rotel Rc-1070 Stereo Preamp to compare again vs Denon. And no difference at all this time, even Maybe Denon sounded better. So now i'm thinking between few options.

1. To wait and to get McIntosh with HT Bypass (expensive)
      2. To order Primare Pre30 PreAmp (very nice on reviews, and not expensive and have HT Bypass option). Too bad i dont have a chance to listen. I have to order without listening, just based on reviews.It's nice that is totaly balnced design
      3. To wait new Rotel Stereo PreAmp based on RC-1082 which i'll have a chance to try and which should be much better then RC-1070 that i tried.

Also i dont want to replace Denon with Rotel 1570 becouse i like Network Radio on Denon, also Network possability to upgrade firmware, and in surround im satisfied enough to keep it.

So maybe u'r option is same.. To get Dedicated Stereo Pre Amp with HT Bypass.. Check Primare Pre30, and please share u'r opionion if u have possability to try it..

Greetings

Darko

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"