X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Varnishing 803?

I would like to change the color of my 803 and have been thinking of refinishing the color but am afraid of doing so? Any one has experience with this?
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

No. But it is wood. although kind of thin. Read "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance". It will put you in the right sort of philosophical headspace for doing the unthinkable. (ie the guys BMW motorcycle in the book, its just a lump of metal and plastic, you can change it if you want to)

Alternately, pay a cabinet maker to refinish the speakers
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Guy
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wettou
      I would like to change the color of my 803 and have been thinking of refinishing the color but am afraid of doing so? Any one has experience with this?
      Depending on the colour you want a safe but costly option may be to trade them for another colour. Good opportunity to thin kabout upgrading too. :lol:

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

It will kill the resale value, but if its what you want its your speaker

People want stock perfect pieces not redone, makes them ask why anyone would touch them

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Yes, we are a suspicious bunch!
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• worldys
            • Dec 2005

seems like it would be a real pain, especially around the drivers, if you do it professionally, i would cost you as much to refinsh as selling off your speakers and paying for shipping on a pair in the finish you prefer, should be a lateral move on the speakers themselves, then if you ever sell the replacement pair you haven't shot your resale value

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"