X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn
    • Jun 2003

amp colour cosmetics

During the last several months, I've been going through the process of selecting my upcoming Rotel purchase. Along the way, I think I have an image of every Rotel product committed to memory!

I have definitely decided on the products, and tonight I was confirming my final decision on the colour. Black or silver. It seems many of the club members have commented on how good the silver finish looks. And I definitely agree!

Then I began thinking, I wonder what the current "silver" amp (the centre section being silver that is) would look like if the leading edges of the "heatsink fins" were also done in the same silver colour. Leave the sides of the heatsink fins black, just as they are, just do the very front thin leading edges in silver. The extreme outer "handle" sections also remain black.

This amp colour combination might look pretty interesting when placed in a rack below a silver 1066 pre-amp, or 1055 receiver. The amp would still have the depth of a black colour looking at the fins from an angle, and the slight additional silver might be a real thumbs up.

I am just curious to know what others think. Yea ... nay... etc

ps - I was going to electronically "paint" the front edges of the 1075 amp heatsink fins in silver using the photo from the Rotel website and Photoshop, to see what it looked like, but was unsure on how to post a picture on this forum. Plus it's 2:00am, I must call it a day and stop thinking Rotel at some point!
  • I'mListening
    • Jul 2003

Glenn,

Why not? We modify the looks of our cars, motorcycles and homes, right?

I think that is a most awesome idea. I did something similar to my motorcycle. I removed the cooling fins and painted them Yellow to match the rest of the bike. I then took some sandpaper and carefully sanded the fin edges so that the paint was removed and the dull aluminum alloy shone through. I then took Mother's Metal Polish and rubbed a nice shiny finish to the exposed metal. The result is awesome and gets plenty of comments.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
    Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"