X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eboettn
    • Dec 2007

asw608 won't turn on

i'm a first time poster, but have been reading the forums for a while. i love this place and really need to be a better member by posting more often.

i have a problem with my asw608 sub. it won't turn on. no matter what position the on-auto-standby switch is set to - and no matter what inputs i use - the unit will not turn on. the led light will only burn orange or red; never green.

any ideas? i'm going to have to take back to my store but was hoping the reason was something easy vs. it being broken.

thanks everyone!
  • Mig17
    • Jan 2008

patient and you see ...............

Comment

• merlinus
      • Feb 2008

I had the exact same situation with my ASW-610. It had to be replaced, and fortunately was under warranty.

The B&W rep thought that some board inside the speaker had come undone.
      merlin

Comment

• eboettn
        • Dec 2007

Thanks Merlinus. I"ll go take it to my dealer and see what they say. Did they mail it off and then B&W sent you a new one? If so, how long did that take? I don't know if I can be without my sub for too long...

Comment

• merlinus
          • Feb 2008

The dealer sent me a replacement which arrived in two working days, and issued a call tag so the dead one was picked up at my house by FedEx at no cost to me.
          merlin

Comment

• eboettn
            • Dec 2007

I dropped the sub off at my dealer today. Hopefully B&W will treat me as well as they did you. They told me two-three weeks at the most though maybe less.

Comment

• merlinus
              • Feb 2008

In my far from humble opinion, your dealer should have simply given you a new one from his stock, or sent in a rush order to B&W.

That's what my guy did...

Two to three weeks? Gimme a break!
              merlin

Comment

• eboettn
                • Dec 2007

Who knows merlinus - they may still do that. he said he needed to get a return authorization number before he could do anything, so maybe they will just tell him to replace it with his stock. we can only hope, right?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"