X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

when is bypass really bypass

Lets say that you are driving your 802D's with a great CD player, great Amp but the problem is Preamp and Processor.

Everyone knows a Preamp is better sound than a Processor. However, If you are using a Processor in "bypass" with only gain or volume on a top unit like a lexicon mc12Bv5, aren't you getting a pure sound from the CD player direct.

Not all bypasses are created equal of course, but..........
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

I have 802D's with a Classe SACD 2 athrough a Halcro Processor in bypass mode and it sound amazing, I just cant imagine how it could sound better! I know it is supposed to get better with a pre, but I'm extremely happy with these combo!

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Aldo
      I have 802D's with a Classe SACD 2 athrough a Halcro Processor in bypass mode and it sound amazing, I just cant imagine how it could sound better! I know it is supposed to get better with a pre, but I'm extremely happy with these combo!

Aldo,
      I had my system bypass thru the lexicon mc12 and didn't think it could sound better until I had an X1 pass labs preamp. Using the preamp to bypass the signal from the processor and direct for cd it definitely sounded better. Then the ML 326S was outstanding.

A processor can't sound as good as a good dedicated preamp. But why not. Bypass should be bypass, but it isn't is it.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"