X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

I have actually used the XT4s with the Rb 1080 and can say that it is a good combination. I would however have some hesitation about the RMB 1066 for the center and surrounds. The RMB 1066 is intended more to be a distribution amplifier than a system amplifier. You would probably be better off with an RMB 1075 for everything or as a good option, use an RMB 1077 for everything.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• calb
      • Apr 2006

B&W XT4 vs Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor

Two relatively small and beautiful high quality speakers. Any one has heard both of them? How do they compare in sonic terms?

Comment

• aquaanox
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hemgath
        Hello all.
        My choice for the system is:
        - Rotel RB 1080 for the 2 XT4
        the Xt4's sound seriously good with this combo. I wonder if ill even want to upgrade to 800s after this.

Comment

• aquaanox
          • Feb 2007

Yes, its been a year, and i still dont want to upgrade this setup! So is FST really that important.. i dont know, maybe different sounding, not necessarily better. this combo is hard to beat and it looks good.

Comment

• WI Rotel
            • Jul 2006

Ive had a 7.2 XT sytem: 2 XT4; 4 XT2; XTC; 2 PV1 all driven by a 1080 and a 1095 all for 3 years going. The only thing I have swapped was a 1068 for a 1069 and a sony BDP2000es for a 5000es. I yet have to hear a better sytem anywhere since I don't know anyone with a full 800 series system (not even dealers ) The quality and amount of sound is simply staggering. Now that I'm fully HD, I don't see myself upgrading anything for the foreseeable future except in case of component failure. As far as audio or video is concerned I'M DONE :T
            BTW for those still on the fence about bluray, the 5000 ES is it. No compromises in any arena, perfect video and sound, that now covers all codecs (internal decoding or bitstream). Plus, it's finally adroit at the old bluray irritants, loads fast, updates directly from the internet, doesn't hang up, etc, etc, finally a BD player that seems like a fully baked product rather than a work in progress. The only reason for waiting now is to have all those goodies at a cheaper price.

One thing to note: All this gear, including the top of the line 50in elite plasma costs about the same as than a pair of 801D's. I call that the deal of the century! :B

Comment

• GregLett
              • May 2005

WOW here is a blast from the past
              Greg

Comment

• WI Rotel
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by GregLett
                WOW here is a blast from the past
                Its good to see that the XT4 still is HOT :T

Comment

• Shakespeare
                  • Mar 2008

I now have my XT/4/2/c and pv1 hooked up to the classe 5200 and ssp-800 and think that the sound is awesome. Does anyone think there's much difference in sound quality between XTs and low end 800 series i.e. aluminium dome tweeter series? Where does B&W place the XTs in their line up? Just below the 800s?

Comment

• WI Rotel
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Shakespeare
                    I now have my XT/4/2/c and pv1 hooked up to the classe 5200 and ssp-800 and think that the sound is awesome. Does anyone think there's much difference in sound quality between XTs and low end 800 series i.e. aluminium dome tweeter series? Where does B&W place the XTs in their line up? Just below the 800s?
                    IMO the main difference is the midrange. The 8 series mid is slightly more forward, the Xt's mid is a little recessed. In general the 8 series mid lows are more coherent. This difference, however, disappears when the XT4 is coupled with the PV1. The XT however being from the ground up an HT speaker has much better dispersion than the non diamond "series". It disappears into the room much better. In general, the most conspicuos difference is that the 8series has a "fuller" sound. The addition of the PV1, however makes up for it. One point that is important, and that not many people make referrence to, is that 2subs is always better than one. Although its hard to locate a sub, if you walk around a room, where the sub lies will be bass heavy while the rest of the room will be bass "lite". Ergo for best music reproduction 2 is much better than one. If the sub is only for movie LFE effects, then, one is OK.

Comment

• Shakespeare
                      • Mar 2008

w1 Rotel where does the xt series sit in the b&w line?

Comment

• WI Rotel
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Shakespeare
                        w1 Rotel where does the xt series sit in the b&w line?
                        Think of it as a HT version of the 7 series. Similar performance and components but minimized cabinets (totally different look). In fact they stand on their own, they stradle the HT/audio spectrum, definitely the best of the dedicated, slim HT speakers (by far) and below the 800 series for music. However, you have to compare type to type, an XT4 to an 804, an XT2 to an 805. Comparing an 805 to an XT4 is silly, one is a full range speaker, the other is a monitor.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"