Nautilus 803 vs 804S - will I hear a difference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RIppolito
    • Mar 2005

Nautilus 803 vs 804S - will I hear a difference?

I'm ready to upgrade, so I'm trying to learn about all the alternatives. I've been focusing on the 804S, but would anybody have any info on how they'd sound when compared to a Nautilus 803?

Thanks in advance,

Ron
  • RIppolito
    • Mar 2005

OK, let me try again. I've listened to the new 804S, and they sound great - definitely an upgrade over my Matrix 805 / sub conbination. There are several pairs of used Nautilus 803's out there for sale, but I've never listened to them. The prices are comparable.

I could use some experienced advice... will they sound pretty much the same, or is there a difference?

Sorry my first note wasn't too clear.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

Ron,
      If you have a chance to listen to both side by side do so and then make your call.
      Remember, new products are not always better than old ones.
      I would personally go for the 803's, but others would say differently.
      E.g I listened to the 802D's vs my N802's and could not justify the extra cost. Yes the sound is different but Better?
      You will have a much vetter bass response with your 803's than the 804's while the higher and mid requencies will be on a par(IMHO).

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"