X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herotongtong
    • Apr 2005

805 S Break in time

Hi there ! Does anyone know how long does it takes to breaking in the 805 S ?I mean how many hours . thank you guys !!!
  • Recruit
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by herotongtong
    Hi there ! Does anyone know how long does it takes to breaking in the 805 S ?I mean how many hours . thank you guys !!!
    Hi,

I was at Grahams Hi Fi in London Picking up some new stands for my 805S's and wanted some advice about speaker cableing and they basically told me to give the new 805s atleast a good 2-3 months breakin time before trying any new cableing.
    I have had mine approx a month and the sound has definitly improved and they sound superb already :T

Cheers
    John

Comment

• ti33er
      • Apr 2004

hmmm full break-in on the N805's was claimed to be roughly 500 hours...and 100 - 200 hours for the initial break-in? ...people who owned Signature 805's might have better answers as the new S805's are based on the Signature 805, although the principals should be roughly the same on all Nautilus/Prestige/800 Series!?
      "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Recruit
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ti33er
        hmmm full break-in on the N805's was claimed to be roughly 500 hours...and 100 - 200 hours for the initial break-in? ...people who owned Signature 805's might have better answers as the new S805's are based on the Signature 805, although the principals should be roughly the same on all Nautilus/Prestige/800 Series!?
        So in theory it should be longer then?

Comment

• ti33er
          • Apr 2004

I would imagine the same or possibly less time, as the new drivers are more efficient and probably not wound as tight at the factory as the Nautilus were? Signature owners will have the best hands-on answers IMO
          "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Rolex
            • Mar 2005

The 805S speakers take almost double as long to break in as the signatures. I've had both pairs, and I almost sold the 805S's because I thought they sounded terrible. They took almost two weeks of 24/7 playing before they were listenable. I would say atleast 500 hours. About 300 before they really start coming alive. Don't give up hope. I think once they break in, you will be happy.

Comment

• KenK
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Rolex
              I've had both pairs, and I almost sold the 805S's because I thought they sounded terrible.

Are you selling your 805S thru Audiogon? The ad is still active :lol:

Comment

• Rolex
                • Mar 2005

Kenk,
                You are correct, my 805S speakers are listed, I have 804S in my living room currently...

Comment

• KenK
                  • Mar 2005

Hi Rolex,

I guess the 804S is better than the 805S.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                    • Apr 2005

Break-in kills me

It's true:
                    As much as the topic kills me, I'd have to agree. My 804S pair improved in a few days, and are they getting better... (or am I adapting?) hmmm...

Either way the results are actually clear.

-and yes, I certainly enjoy the 804S more than the 805S but I have a big room and listen at some crazy volumes, at moderate volumes they are very close.

they begin to seperate in performance at higher volumes.

-Andrew Ward

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"