X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonesy805
    • Feb 2005

805(s)

I picked up my new pair of 805(S) on Friday evening. It's true what everyone is saying about them sounding better than the N805's right out of the box. I ran them in for the entire weekend non stop. When I went to bed Friday night I put my CD player on repeat. When I got up Sturday morning I couldn't wait to change the CD and continue to listen while I was making breakfast. I would recomment to anyone who is considering buying the new series to take them home to demo them if your dealer will let you.

Right out of the box they sounded allot better at home than the demo pair I was listening to at the dealer. I guess the room at the dealers store was bad for acoustics. Well any way let's cut to the chase.

By Sunday night I could already hear the difference from Friday night. The (S) tweeter is very open. On Friday I would say that the tweeter was laid back but by Sunday night That was no longer a true statement. I noticed in some earlier reviews people were going to purchase these babies for rears. It must be nice to be able to afford these for rears. I would recommned listening to them in a two channel situation before you allocate them to the rear channels. Just to hear what they are cable of. You will be amazed.

Because of the speed of the new 805(S) they can disappear easier than it's predecessor. I can see why B&W says it out performs the Signature model. It has more control in the top end. With the new crossover you will find the new 805(S) more likable, tuneful, and fast in the lower regions. You will also notice that the new model has more air around the instruments and vocals especially when playing jazz.

This speaker makes me want to buy more expensive gear to drive them. As good as my Arcam FMJ setup is, I would love to hear them with The new Classe CDP 100 and CAP 2100 in my living room.

They just keep getting better and better.

So far my dealer only has the (S) models of the new range. Stay tuned for my review of the diamond models once they get in. Let me know if you have a particular model that you want me to listen to for a second opinion if you like. I walk by my dealers store on my way home from work every day.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"