X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

TIVO Problem

I've run into a problem with my TIVO that crops up on occasion. When it automatically changes channels before it starts recording, about 25% of the time when it's changing from a station in the 500's or higher, it will not go to the proper channel. I'll wind up with "The Shopping Channel" instead of Fox or Cinemax. It only seems to happen with the high channels. Do any of you have the same problem?

The serial connection from my digital cable box doesn't work, and I've spent hours trying to find the right speed/range to use on the I/R channel-change and this is the best I can come up with. I've put a "cap" over the I/R blaster and the I/R eye so extraneous light bleed isn't an issue. My unit is about a year or so old, and isn't one of the DirectTV combos.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I know you're out there. . . . :sos:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the Tivo IR emitter is lined up with the sensor on the cable box, other than that all you can do is fiddle with the timing, or get a better cable box (some of those boxes the cable companies foist on us are pretty lame).

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"