Whole house audio that Rocks!!!! Is Russound enough/Rotel 1077 too much ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Whole house audio that Rocks!!!! Is Russound enough/Rotel 1077 too much ??

I just bought 4 pairs of CCm80 for whole house music distribution Probably another 4 to come. I want it to seriously rock. I was looking at Russound distribution systems. I like the control they offer. But, do they rock? They seem to have only 40w/ch. If I have a party, will this system jam? How about a Rotel 1077 7x100 digital amp ? If I went this route I would have to find a control system with no amplification. Any thoughts???
    Stew
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Most of the Russound/niles/etc systems really don't have enough power to jam. The Rotel 1048 or 1066 amps are always a nice choice for multi-room. All of the multi-room control systems I've put in have had RCA outputs to run different amps. It's worth it to get the nice control/switching and better power.

For what it's worth, I've found that bass/treble controls do more for multi-room then big watts. The multichannel amps from AudioControl looked real nice at CES. 12-16 channels of power, all with separate 6 band EQ's.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Kevin I will look into that...
      Stew

Comment

• ekkoville
        • Aug 2004

Kevin, what kind of control options for multi room do you have when you use something like the Rotel multi-channel amps?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"