X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prozakk
    • Jul 2004

Power protection to get?

I was dead set on buying Tripp-Lite LCR2400. I could have gotten them for $235ea. Then I found out about the fact many owners have loud hum complaints. Hums from inside the units.

Okay, is there any Line Conditioners out there that are quiet, & cheap?
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

For around $300.00 you have the Ultimate Outlet from PS Audio. Furman Sound products can also be obtained at significant discount. I am sure you can find a suitable line conditioner from among their range of pro and home theater products.

Comment

• Prozakk
      • Jul 2004

I've looked into the PS Audio, but it's noise rejection isn't any better than cheap surge protectors @ department stores.

Can you PM me as to where Furman can be had cheap?

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Prozakk
        I've looked into the PS Audio, but it's noise rejection isn't any better than cheap surge protectors @ department stores.

Can you PM me as to where Furman can be had cheap?
        Sam Ash Music carries a few Furman items. They're headquartered in my area (New York). Also try Parts Express. A Google search will give you many other sources of Furman products at deep discount.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I was looking at the Power Director 3.5 by PS audio. It shows that it has 10 outlets divided by Analog, Digital and amplifier. I'm not very familiar with power conditioning areas, does this mean I can plug 10 DIFFERENT COMPONENTS in the 3.5 just as long I'm plugging them in the right section?

Comment

• ht_addict
            • Dec 2002

I use a Monster HTPS7000 now. Before that I had a Monster HTS5000mkII.

ht_addict

Comment

• Prozakk
              • Jul 2004

I said cheap, BTW.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

I've got a couple of the 1200VA models for my HT. They were under $200 Canadian each and seem to do the job nicely. Even cleaned up the picture on my TV a bit (less noise, more colour saturation).

Jason
                Jason

Comment

• aaron
                  • Aug 2004

Panamax anyone? I have owned a Max 500dbs and a 1000 for many years. Still going along very nicely with no problems whatsoever.

I highly recommend their latest unit which includes dual DBS compatable coax protection (dual tuner TIVO anyone?) and phone line protection. Worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"