• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TEK
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Shakers

Hi
    I'm wondering about installing bass shackers in my theater.

Does anyone have experience with bass shakers that you would care to share?
    Number of seats, number of shakers, brand, how you drive them and your experience with them.
    Would you recommend it as a solution, is it a lasting solution or is it only fun the first couple of weeks?
    Any input is appriciated!
    -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Would I recommend it as a solution???? Well.........not for irritable bowel syndrome!!! ! Bahahahaha!!!

Seriously though.......I think it's a cute idea and it would obviously go over quite well with kids, but I would not want it for all home theater situations, and certainly not when I'm watching PGA Golf!! (Which for whatever reason is broadcast in Dolby Digital!)
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2007

I use 2 Aura shakers per chair in addition to 2 nearfield UM18s in my ht. They are left on all the time, regardless if I'm watching a movie or sports. They need to be crossed low, @ 40hz is best IMO. Otherwise they can be annoying due to muffled voices coming the couch (shakers, really). I'm currently using a Yung 200w plate amp from PE, but will soon be switching over to a rack mounted amp.
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yes, I can give info. Do know that there are "bass shakers", and there are "tactile transducers". There has been LOTS of talk here on the Guide about these devices. search for those two terms, and you'll find tons of info, some of which I've posted. Just a few:

Talk about pre-processors, amps, receivers, audio formats as they relate to home theater. This means anything 5-7 channel (or more) speaker setups. Small system integration issues. General discussion of audio video, A/V news, meets and events.

Talk about pre-processors, amps, receivers, audio formats as they relate to home theater. This means anything 5-7 channel (or more) speaker setups. Small system integration issues. General discussion of audio video, A/V news, meets and events.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"