X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freon
    • Mar 2005

Wiring for Shakers

I got some of the Aura shakers 4ohm 25watt.

There is six total that I have 1 for each seat.

I want to power them with an old H/K reciever in stereo mode its rated at 75watt@80hm or 100watt@4ohm FTC.

What would be my best option. I was thinking of wiring Three in series and put each set to one channel.

Or should I put 3 in series than parallel them all on one channel?

Im not sure how to figure the resistance when putting more than 2 in series.
    My Media room construction page
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I have six Clark Synthesis tactile transducers and had similar questions. I don't know about the Auras specifically, but they are lower powered than the Clarks for sure. I REALLY don't think you want to do anything like wire them in parallel, though. What I did is have my tactile transducer line-level output come from my Parasound pre/pro to an Audio Source monoblock 250W amplifier that powers one Clark Synthesis TT. The Audio Source amp has both a line input and a line output, so I used the line output to send the same signal to the next mono amp to power the next TT, and so on. So each TT is powered by its own mono channel amp, and the amps are daisy chained together with the line signal. This is the perfect solution...
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"