X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Amp for bass shakers...

I know everyone likes the Behringer line. Would the 2500 work for shakers or are there better amps for this purpose? Anyone heard of the Earthquake PA-600? http://www.earthquakesound.com/pa600.htm
    Anyway, just curious what makes a good shaker amp, and maybe a comparison of these two amps as well for shaker purposes and non-shaker purposes.
    Roly
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

I use an AudioSource 5.3 monoblock for my TST. They are inexpensive and push 250 watts into 4 ohms. You might want to check them out.
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Rolyasm
      • Dec 2004

Well, I found the information I was looking for at the TST site in the manual. Says I need a 125-250 watt amp that can drive 4 ohms. And AJPOE, do you love your TST? Is there really a difference between "Tactile Stimulators" and "Bass Shakers?" Thanks.
      Roly

Comment

• ajpoe
        • Jul 2004

The TST is a great thing for the lower frequencies. I absolutely loved it with my old subs that weren't as powerful as what I'm using now. I think the TSTs are more realistic than shakers because they produce the actual frequency instead of just shaking... maybe the newer shakers do the same, I have not checked them out.

Now that I've added my DIY dual 15" setup, I have so much bass, the TST isn't needed as much. The subs shake the crap out of my couch (and everythign else!) more naturally than the TST did. I haven't been using the TST lately because I'd like find a way to get the TST to reproduce 10 - 20 Hz only but I can't find a 20 Hz low pass crossover for it. :/ I also rearranged my furniture so my 2 arm chairs are the 'sweet spot' and the couch is at the side of the room. If I could find a crossover solution for the TST, I would probably put the couch back, but the arm chairs are a bit more comfortable for the time being.
        AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I also use one Audio Source 5.3 amp per tactile transducer. (I have 6 Clark Synthesis platinum TST's) In my opinion, these are the PERFECT solution for "bass shakers". They look great, have plenty of raw power, each one is independantly controllable with phase and "volume", you can daisy chain them together from one signal input, and are rack mountable in blocks. I couldn't have found a better option for my setup.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"