X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomclaw69
    • Aug 2010

Pioneers new SC35 receiver?

I need to upgrade my system and I'm looking at he SC35 Pioneer Elite. Any thoughts?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Just checked over the specs and they read well. Lot's of functionality and features offered which might be what you are looking for. But if sound quality is the reason for upgrading, the proof will be in the listening. Do you have a dealer that will let you audition one at home?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Generally as far as receivers go the Pioneers I've heard tend to be some of the better sounding units SQ wise. I haven't played with the new ones yet but it looks nice.

Comment

• maseline_98
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
        Generally as far as receivers go the Pioneers I've heard tend to be some of the better sounding units SQ wise. I haven't played with the new ones yet but it looks nice.
        I wonder how the SQ measures up to the UMC-1. I'm still considering on returning mine and getting a pioneer(not necessarily the SC35).

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
        Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well, kind of doubtful it's on par, but as far as receivers go it's probably pretty decent

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

Well, kind of doubtful it's on par, but as far as receivers go it's probably pretty decent
            You would be pretty shocked if you listened to it with a good pair of speakers.

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well never been shocked by any sort of pre/amp in the signal path. Source-volume control-amp now that's a nice setup

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

Well never been shocked by any sort of pre/amp in the signal path. Source-volume control-amp now that's a nice setup
                Most receivers don't sound all that good when you want high quality 2 channel reproduction. I have found the Pioneer Elite ICE models to change my opinion.

Comment

• godzen
                  • Jan 2010

I have the pioneer 1018VSX from a few years ago that supposedly is very similar to the entry elite minus ICE POWER. Will it be a noticeable upgrade to the elite with ICE amp?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"