X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InTheRed
    • Mar 2004

Need Help With Pioneer Elite Receiver

I have an older Elite Receiver, the VSX-99, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the zone 2 outs to work on it. Unfortunately, I can’t find the manual and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this receiver or possibly any similar Elite receivers that may help.

Basically, the vsx-99 has a zone 2 L/R and video pre-out on the back. I ran a L/R composite cable from it to a stereo amp, which is hooked up to a Niles switch box. Everything seems to be in order, but I can not get a signal from the Pioneer. The vsx-99 has a button on the front face labeled 'multi-room & source', however pushing it seems to do nothing and I can't seem to find anything else that even sounds like it would select the source and/or activate the pre-out.

I have hooked a CD player directly into the amp and everything works fine, so the problem must be getting a source from the receiver. Hopefully, that made sense and someone can help. Thanks.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Bob. I went to the Pioneer USA site looking for an online manual and struck out. They don't have one listed for the VSX-99. The first thing I'd do is contact them and ask them to send you a replacement via mail - unless they have a PDF of it lying around.

Does the '99 have an OSD (On Screen Display) that you can use? If so, try that if you aren't already using it. My Yamaha RX-V1 can be controlled from the LED screen on front, but it's OSD shows things much more clearly - it may be the same for you.

Hopefully another Pioneer receiver owner will hop in here. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• InTheRed
      • Mar 2004

It once was a GUI

It has an OSD that goes by GUI (Graphical User Interface). It's of no help. No reference to 'multi-room & source' appears on its menus with or without that button selected. There could be a switch on the back that I'm missing, but I don't think so.

I guess I could always use one of the tape loop outs as the source, but I hate not knowing how to work a feature on stuff that I own...

Comment

• Gujustud
        • Oct 2005

Did you ever end up figuring this out? I just bought a used but mint condition VSX-99, and I have the manual. Let me know if you still need help and I'll look up the info.

Comment

• edanton
          • Dec 2005

VSX-99 pre-out problem

I just bought an used VSX-99 and I'm trying to use the pre-out feature but there's not signal coming out of the audio. The video pre-out is working fine but not the audio.

I looked in the user manual, pioneer KB, but I couldn't find any instructions.

I would imagine that turning the Multi-source yellow button in front to the receiver would feed audion signal to the pre-out jacks, but it doesn't.

If you know how use the pre-out feature can you please let me know?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"