Anybody make the jump to a new bluray calibriation disc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Anybody make the jump to a new bluray calibriation disc?

I've been using my good ol' avia disc to do my calibration for years now, but I was thinking about stepping into the Hi-Def discs. It seems that AVIA doesn't have a blu-ray disc so I was looking into to getting the 'Spears & Munsil High-Definition Benchmark Blu-ray Disc Edition' or the DVE: HD Basics. Has anybody used either of these with success(or not success)....

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Sep 2003

I used my old DVE disc as well..seems to work pretty well. Got the S&M disc free with my Oppo player, but never got around to using it. Now I'm thinking of upgrading my tv, so I probably won't until I get it installed.
    Brad

Comment

• NoDestiny
      • Jan 2009

I have the blu-ray one. Sadly, have not had the time to use it much. Seems pretty straight-forward though.

Comment

• 1oldguy
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NoDestiny
        I have the blu-ray one. Sadly, have not had the time to use it much. Seems pretty straight-forward though.

Do you have a link so we could see which version you have?
        A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• NoDestiny
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 1oldguy
          Do you have a link so we could see which version you have?

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I've had Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials DVD calibration disc for years. One of the first blu-rays I ordered was his Blu-Ray Basics disc. I highly recommend that anyone using a blu-ray player buy this or a similar disc.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
              I've had Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials DVD calibration disc for years. One of the first blu-rays I ordered was his Blu-Ray Basics disc. I highly recommend that anyone using a blu-ray player buy this or a similar disc.
              I'll second that. An excellent disc and easy to use.
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"