X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I need a new calibration disc...

My trusty AVIA disc I've counted on for years has apparently grown legs and left the building. Which got me thinking, there must be something newer and better out there now, right?

I did some googling, and I found mention of AVIA II, but it appears to be discontinued, and a supposed blu-ray version apparently was vaporware.

Another one that seems to get a lot of mention is DVE, and there's a HD disc available too.

I'm just wondering what else is out there, and what I should get.

Thanks,
    KJP
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I have the older Avia, Kevin, but I bought DVE HD version as it was really helpful in calibrating my BenQ 1080p projector. It is a lot more user friendly than the dvd version. There are probably other discs out there but I am not familiar with any of them.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

The Spears & Munsil High Definition Benchmark Blu-ray Edition disc seems to be the latest thing for calibrating HD video. Ships free with the Oppo BD-83. I received mine, but haven't tried it, so no opinions (yet).
      Brad

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'm an absolute sucker for test and demo discs, and collect a whole bunch of them.

I think I'd recommend DVE for today's world.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"