X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

AVIA setup with my kds-60a2000.

I just replaced the lamp in my kds-60a2000 and decided to go through some calibration for it. I pulled out the out old AVIA disc and popped it in my blu-ray player. I noticed that the the white level test pattern does not work. There are 2 moving bars at the bottom of the screen used to designate 'Threshold', but even if I set my Contrast(Picture) to 'MAX', it never seems to get there(no matter what the iris level is set to). Prior to changing the lamp, I had the setting on about 70 for movie watching and about 83 for TV watching(I set these levels from a tweak section on avs-forum and modified by eye). I noticed that the new lamp is much brighter than it was before it blew out. I got an after-market one from advancedlamps.

Any idea what I should use? I don't really want to buy a DVE-blu-ray to calibrate it.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Aug 2003

If test patterns seem to give a set fits I generally set the white level just above the point where white starts looking light grey personally. It ensures white is white and should keep any blooming in check.
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"