X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THX2468
    • Sep 2008

Sony TA-N9000ES & STR-DG1000

I recently purchased the TA-N9000ES to hook it up to my Sony receiver DG1000 using the pre outs. I am using the new Series 600 B&W speakers: front channel are the 684, centre is the HTM62 and a pair of the 686 for rear channels.
    According to some reviews in other forums they mentioned a certain enhancement of bass and dymamics. Without the subwoofer I've been trying to find the difference but sound quality and levels are the same like when I was without the N9000ES. Can someone please advise me or tell me if I am doing something wrong? Do I really need that amplifier? ops:

I don't dare to use the BTL mode at 200 W + 200 W because that will be more than the speakers can take (up to 150, 120, 100)

Can bi-wiring the B&W s be possible using the receiver and this amplifier?

Thank you!!!!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's nothing special about a TA-N9000ES. It's almost a decade old design.

You might find Jon's comparison is this post interesting

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"