X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lonewolf
    • Jan 2004

RSP 1066 - RSP 1098 or NAD M15?

Hi Guys,

I have a RSP 1066 and came across a guy selling the NAD M15 and another guy with a RSP 1098. I was thinking of upgrading but wasnt sure which to go with. I was leaning towards the NAD just cos i think its newer and more updated features? How much would the sound Quality increase over my RSP 1066?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I own the RSP-1098 and they are actually upgrading the S-video circuit to HDMI, (just the video). If it were my money I would go for the NAD M15 pre/pro, based on what I have heard thus far and the technology advancements. Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Lonewolf
      • Jan 2004

Hello Azeke, thanks for your response. Would you choose the NAD just because its newer and hence has newer features / connections, or do you feel its sound quality / surround sound processing will be better / improved over the 1098? I watch mainly HT.

Originally posted by Azeke
      I own the RSP-1098 and they are actually upgrading the S-video circuit to HDMI, (just the video). If it were my money I would go for the NAD M15 pre/pro, based on what I have heard thus far and the technology advancements. Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Good evening Lonewolf,

From what I have read it seems to have very good DACs for the money, as well as, it is more technologically advanced. I haven't actually had any personal experience with the NAD so I cannot attest to it's audio quality, but the reviews I have read seem very positive in this regard.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• mpauline
          • Dec 2003

Hello Lonewolf,

I cannot speak to the NAD however the 1098 is great sounding unit. I auditioned many processors before deciding on the 1098. I included many high end pieces such as Lexicon and Krell. For the money I could not find anything else that compared. Was Lexicon better...yes... but for substantially more money. I upgraded from the RSP 1076.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"