X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • papay
    • Jun 2004

RSX-1056 or RSP-1068+RMB-1066

I am going to replace my Yamaha RX-V620 with Rotel.I am no using KRELL 300i for the mains speakers.
    I need adwise for the best solution,either RSX-1056 or RSP-68/RMB-1066 for center and back ch.

papay
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

the combo is surely a K more exp than the RSX-1056...

it doesn't seem to be a good comparison...

A better one would be co compare the RSX-1067 (the bigger receiver) and the combo RSP-1068 and that RMB-1066

cos if you have the money for the combo, I would say get it instead!!
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Papay,

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion, RSP-1068 & RMB-1075 for now and perhaps add a 2 channel amp later, of course that depends on budget, tastes, speaker efficiency, etc.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'd agree if you're going to go seperates go for the 1068 and 1075 power amp..its much stronger then the 1066 amp

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Ditto on that or if music is a priority, the 1056 and 1080 would be another good option.

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• papay
            • Jun 2004

Thanks for the adwise,but since i am going to use my Krell 2X150w for the front spks,i thougt the Rotel RMB-1066 would give me the power i needet for the center and back spk.
            papay

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

It might have enough power but only just and it doens't really give you much of an upgrade path for the future should you get larger speakers or require more power. The 1075 isn't that much more then the 1066 yet its got a lot more power and is generally considered a far better long term amp then the 1066.

Comment

• papay
                • Jun 2004

Ok,then i go for the RMB 1075 and RSP-1068.
                I also have a choice to buy an second hand RB-985MK2 but this is mybe not any good choice,1075 are mybe a better choice.

papay

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Actually if the price difference is great the older amp might well be a very sound purchase esp. if it means you can then invest in better interconnects etc.

Comment

• eelco74
                    • Dec 2002

I tried the 1075, but found a nice used 985MkII

I actually like the 985MKII a bit more thant the 1075. Although the 1075 is is a bit more powerfull, I think for the $$ you are better off with a 1068/985MKII combo.

I have a 981/985MKII/1068 combo and it rocks. Just wachted Terminator 3 in DTS. Oh boy it sounds soooooo mutch better than my previous setup...
                    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• papay
                      • Jun 2004

Yes it`s a good ide to spend the saved money with better interconnecting cables,I know this from earlier investment,but you get what you pay for,life is to short for listning to bad sound.
                      If I get the ampl.RB985 for 5-600ยง Then I go for it and the RSP-1068.

papay

Comment

• shadow
                        • Dec 2003

I would just get the 1056 receiver and use the Krell to power the front L-R speakers. :P

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Sounds like a good plan to me...be sure to check out CatCables if you need quality interconnects at an affordable price :W

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"