X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

RSP 1068 or Stereo Pre-Amp

At present I have a RSP 1066 and the RB 985 power amp, previously I have owned the RSP 980 and the RSP 976. The 1066 is a nice smooth sounding Pr-Amp but compared with my other pre-amps I find it overly smooth. I would like a bit more bite in the treble region, with DVD's it's fine as it tames down the excess bite on bright DVD's but on straight CD imput I'm afraid it's too smooth. On my other processors I use to yern for an EQ button but on the 1066 it sound like the EQ is turned on.
    I have two options get the new 1068, or buy a dedicated stereo pre-amp like the NAD 160 or Rotel 1070 and keep the 1066 just for D/D & DTS. Either way it will cost me about $A1000 to make the change over.
    I would like everything ( Pre-Amp's) in one box less confusion, so I was wondering if anyone that has made the upgrade from the 1066 to the 1068 if they could tell me is there any difference much in the tonal qualities between the two Processors.
    To Aussie Geoff I have just bought some Sonique 5.5 SE speakers (cheap) they sound very similar to my Krix Lyrix so it will be a toss up which ones go for rear effects duties. Also Geoff I was thinking of asking $1200 for the RSP 1066 do you reckon thats resonable!.
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

I owned a rc-972, and in direct comparison with the 1066 it was a bit more forward sounding. However the 1068 is a better sounding unit in stereo than the 1066. So the 1068 might be the right choice.

Try to find a dealer wich lets you try the 1068 at home...
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"