X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryan
    • Jun 2004

Question about the OSD menusystem of the RSP-1068/1098

Hello,
    I'm blind and would like to know if I could use the OSD menu of the Rotel RSP-1068/1098.
    I hope you guys can give answers on the following questions:
    1. When entering the mainmenu, is the cursor always on the first row? Or will it be on the menu item it was when you left the menu the last time?
    2. When the cursor is on the last menu item, and I press the down button, will the cursor stay on the last item, or will it move to the first menu item?
    3. And when the cursor is on the top most item, and I press the up button, will it stay, or will it move to the last menu item?
    4. When I'm on a setting, and the lowest value is selected, and I press the left button, will the value of the setting stay the same, or will the highest value be selected.
    5. Will the cursor also start always on the first item within a menu?

A lot of questions, but for me it is important to know.

Thanks,

Bryan Lake
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Bryan
    Hello,
    1. When entering the mainmenu, is the cursor always on the first row? Or will it be on the menu item it was when you left the menu the last time?
    Yes, cursor is always on the first row, top selection.
    2. When the cursor is on the last menu item, and I press the down button, will the cursor stay on the last item, or will it move to the first menu item?
    Cursor moves to the first item.

3. And when the cursor is on the top most item, and I press the up button, will it stay, or will it move to the last menu item?
    Cursor moves to the last item.

4. When I'm on a setting, and the lowest value is selected, and I press the left button, will the value of the setting stay the same, or will the highest value be selected.
    Numerical settings have a MIN and MAX setting and will not go past them. Everything else seems to cycle thru all of the choices (speaker size, crossover frequencies, etc).

5. Will the cursor also start always on the first item within a menu?
    Yes.

A lot of questions, but for me it is important to know.

Thanks,

Bryan Lake
    No problem. Good luck!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bryan
      • Jun 2004

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you know if there are other buttons on the remote that can be used for navigating or changing settings on the OSD? Cycling isn't that helpful for blind people, it would be nice to have a button to jump directly to the first item in a selection range. The fact that the cursor is always on the first menu item is a nice start.

It would be nice if the rs323 pc tool would be able to readout the OSD!!!

Thanks a lot!

Bryan Lake

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"