X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chetk
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Vancouver
    You arent one of those guys who has a personal attachment to a format are you?
    Of course I am. But I choose to be. If I wanted an HD-DVD player, I'd go out and buy one. I have been watching this war for many many years now too. I just chose the format with the most long-term potential.

BD+ will be cracked.
    Probably. But that's the beauty of BD+. It can adjust to cracks.

100% of the current blue ray players will not be able to do what HD DVD can already do. When BD-J gets released all current BD players will not be able to upgrade. That has already been confirmed by the BDA. The PS3 may be able to be upgraded, but what about all the people who spend $1000 on a movie player?
    Actually, the PS3 has the potential to be upgraded to do what any HD-DVD player can do. Perhaps that's why most BD player owners bought a PS3. The upgradability of it has more potential than any other player. Those people who spent $1,000 on a BD player knew EXACTLY what they were getting. If they did their research, they'd know that it doesn't contain online access (BD-Live). You, yourself, said that HD-DVD set-top players are outselling BD-set top players. That's why. Once the final spec is completed, my money is on BD set-top players outselling HD-DVD player's sales lead in mere months.

By all accounts BD should be KILLING HD DVD with software sales, but when both formats combined make up less then 1% of the total software sales and since the beggining of both formats BD has 59% of the 1% and HD DVD has 41% of that 1% its pretty hard to say one side is winning.
    Well, since FOX isn't releasing anything and WB has only been releasing many of their titles to HD-DVD, don't you think that the sales gap will widen significantly once FOX releases new titles and WB releases all of the HD-DVD-only titles to Blu-Ray?

Personally I dont care which formats wins, and my heart and soul tells me that both are going to be around for years to come. If 1 dies it will be because both die.

With regards to your 1080p question consider this. The Xbox Add on does 1080p and they have sold 155,000 of them (and it costs less then $200).
    If you're going to use the X-Box 360 as an example, you need to also factor in the cost of the 360 itself. To play an HD-DVD, you need the the "less than $200" add-on plus the cost of the 360. You can't automatically assume that someone owns a 360. If you still insist on doing that, can I subtract the value playing games on the PS3 (or using it as a media server, etc.) to come up with a cost to have the Blu-Ray player in the PS3?

The Toshiba XA2 does 1080p and can be had for less then the cheapest BD player.

Toshiba sold 75,000 A2s in the last week of may alone! (BTW i read but cant confirm there were only 82,000 PS3s sold in the whole month of may). If you think movie studios are going to stick to one side when the other side is selling movie players (which prove to sell more movie then game consoles) at a rate like you are mistaken. They have share holders to be accountable to.
    So you're saying that their shareholders are going to hold the content developers accountable for the number of players sold? Actually, I think the shareholders are more concerned about the company selling more content.

Both formats are here to stay and dual format players will come by the 1000s.

HD DVD has the #1 selling HD movie of either format (Planet Earth)
    I've been enjoying Planet Earth on my PS3 with no problem. Actually, there has been one problem. They encoded this title for BD25 instead of BD50 because they knew they had to put it on HD-DVD anyway. The picture quality suffers for it.

HD DVD has a higher attach rate then BD
    Is that including the PS3? So which is it? Include the PS3 in your numbers or not? How is it that the PS3 is always responsible for the attach rate being so low, yet your next point is so important?
    HD DVD is selling more stand alone players (by a long shot)
    Cool. The PS3 has sold more Blu-Ray players than the 360's HD-DVD add-on. What's your point?
    HD DVD players are all up to spec even the first gen
    No argument from me there. That's definitely something that I like about HD-DVD. But it's not enough to make me buy an HD-DVD player. Blu-Ray will get those features before the masses buy into either format. Like you said, 1%.

I own both formats and follow the "war" very close. Here is what I have learned IMO. HD DVD delivers, and BD is full of promises and announcements that the "war is over", or the next big thing coming down the pipe "will end the war".

My post may read like I am a "HD DVD fan boy" but the trueth is I could write a post all about the strengths of BD as long as this one.

I started liking 1 format and now just like HD movies.
    I hear you. BD is full of promises. So far, they've delivered on those promises. I suppose it would be one thing if they promised and didn't deliver. So far, I haven't seen that.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Amazon opts for HD DVD in selling indie films

^^^point, counter point. We can do this all day which is kinda my point

Anyway here is some interesting news about indipendent films for those interested.

Amazon opts for HD DVD in selling indie films
      By JESSICA MINTZ
      The Associated Press
      Amazon.com will begin selling high-definition independent films in the HD DVD format through its on-demand DVD printing service, the company said late Sunday.

The Seattle online retailer said it will waive processing fees for the first 1,000 films it accepts for production by its CustomFlix Labs subsidiary.

Microsoft will supply the VC1 high-def video-encoding software and the HDi program used to package the film and extra features on the disk.

Amir Majidimehr, Microsoft corporate vice president for the consumer media technology group, said 90 percent of high-definition DVDs use Microsoft's encoding and interactive programs, and that Amazon's support could help extend the format's reach.

With CustomFlix, when a customer buys a movie, an automated process copies the film onto a disk and assembles the packaging on the spot.

Amazon gave no number of customers who have used CustomFlix to buy on-demand DVDs, or said how much such a DVD might cost.

Amazon said it will offer Sundance Channel's "Big Ideas for a Small Planet" series via the on-demand service.

The Web retailer currently has more than 300 HD DVD titles for sale, and more than 400 that use the rival Blu-ray DVD format championed by Sony.

The two formats have been duking it out since last year. Blu-ray and HD DVD formats are incompatible, and neither type of disk can play on a regular DVD player.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

HD DVD releases more movies in Q2 then Blue Ray

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Spider Man trilogy on BD in France. I would assume the North American release date will be soon too :T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Damn I dont know what to do here.
            I can get the Toshiba HDA20 for about $200 with some special rebates and what not.

However, With the PS3 dropping to 499 thats a bit more tempting.

I was set on HDDVD, but I keep reading that its only a matter of time for BRD to take over...

Decisions...decisions...
            B&W

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I wouldn't bet to highly on BRD taking over. Honestly with these combo players coming out I don't see either winning but rather each studio will just pick their format of choice.

Comment

• Chetk
                • May 2004

Blu-Ray may just win before the fully-featured combo players are actually released. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

I just don't see that happening. Theres too many titles on both formats that I personally want.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

If you're going to use the X-Box 360 as an example, you need to also factor in the cost of the 360 itself. To play an HD-DVD, you need the the "less than $200" add-on plus the cost of the 360. You can't automatically assume that someone owns a 360. If you still insist on doing that, can I subtract the value playing games on the PS3 (or using it as a media server, etc.) to come up with a cost to have the Blu-Ray player in the PS3?
                    This is incorrect there are tons of people (including my self) that are using the 360 add on drive on their computer or HTPC now many people already have a computer powerful enough to handle HD-DVD's so I say the only cost there is the 199 dollar drive. I for one didn't have to do one upgrade to my computer to play HD-DVD's.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

I bought a TV last night, and almost bought a HD-DVD player, too. They were offering another $100 off the TV if you bought a player, plus 5 free HD-DVD movies. But at checkout, they told me that they couldn't do the $100 off after all, so I just didn't buy it.

Still don't know about the HD-DVD future. The format wars continue to be BD dominated, even though it's not 100% in each category.
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Nolan B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2005

Chris,
                        When both formats are fighting over 1% and its a 60 40 split its just not possible to say one will win and one will loose. If you are a movie lover then buy into both formats. At present BD is only running at 30% becuase Fox has dropped BD. This is the week (between the 17th and 19th at the EMA convention) we are supposed to here about Fox anouncing tittles. Personally im thinking they wont, but i hope im wrong as I feel my PS3 has been a waste since Fox as dropped Blue Ray.

BD is not going to "win". I have counted 5 official anouncements from the BDA that the war is over since Nov of 2006 and yet HD DVD is still here and selling more stand alone players then BD. Studios are not being fooled.

"Following what they describe as a strong period of sales and momentum for the format, HD DVD’s share of the market averaged 74% from January to May 2007.

Taking a swipe at the Blu-ray stats that are bolstered by the number of PS3's sold, Steve Nickerson, senior vice president, high hefinition media at Warner Bros sates:

"These figures are especially important because the standalone player market is by far the biggest driver of movie sales in the long-term."

"This is simply because those who buy a standalone player are interested solely in buying and watching movies and other video content, whereas those with HD drives built into games consoles are primarily interested in games."

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Poor tactics by Sony..again "HD DVD dead in months"....again.

"July 13, 2007

E3: Sony's Dille: Xbox 360 Not Sustainable, HD-DVD Dead Within Months
                          Talking to Gamasutra during a one-on-one interview, Peter Dille, the new senior vice president of marketing for PlayStation, maintained that the 360 cannot sustain itself over a 10 year cycle – and also stated that he believes HD-DVD will be dead within months. Here’s an excerpt of the conversation, which will eventually be published in full:

I feel like now we’re at a 10 year cycle for console profitability for everyone except Nintendo at this point...

Peter Dille: Except Microsoft too!

I’m not saying they’re profitable.

PD: They’re also not 10 year! The first Xbox was around for 4 or 5 years, and then they stopped making software for it.

I’m just saying it’s a longer tail before Sony and Microsoft will make money.

PD: I don’t want to be argumentative, but I take issue with Microsoft either having a long tail, or being profitable, because they’ve never done either. They’ve never made a dime in this business, number one, and number two, they’ve never had a tail. They’ve never been successful enough to have a tail! So the notion of a back half of the curve doesn’t exist for them. They stopped the Xbox and I kind of feel for the guy that bought an Xbox the month before they said ‘we’re out of business, we’re moving on.’

The reason I get a little emotional about that is it’s in stark contrast to our approach. If we’ve got something that says PlayStation, we’re going to stand behind it for 10 years, and deliver games like God of War II in the 7th year of the cycle.

With the Xbox 360 you’ve got an inconsistent design, some have a hard drive, some don’t, and none of them have Blu-Ray, and the HD-DVD will be out of business in a matter of months. Is this a 10 year product? And by the way, it doesn’t even work. Do they want to be selling it for 10 years and refurbishing them all for 10 more years? I don’t think that’s a 10 year product. You could disagree with me, or they could disagree with me, but I’d put that up against the PS3 any day. "

Poor business practices IMHO.

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Hmmm aren't there more 360's sold then PS3's? And also there is a very small percentage of 360's that needed refurbishing. I for one never had a problem with my Xbox 360 so I find it funny he says they don't work. The PS3 has had its problems too. He sounds like a really bad Playstation fanboy. Of course he works for them so I guess thats a given.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                              Mad Max Moderator
                              • Aug 2000

Well, a company like Microsoft would never come out with statements like they have recently about the XBox 360 unless there were some serious issues.

I've never had any problems with my 360, but I'm a light user (no free time), and I have cool room temperatures. (low 70's) most of the time.

Microsoft has NEVER made money in any division besides OS and Office, where they have market monopolies. The games marketplace is a tough one, because the consoles are always loss leaders, and for MS and Sony this generation is especially bad- they probably should have concentrated more on software and gaming innovation than hardware for eye candy and trying to leverage the platform to get a leg up in the HD disk wars (acknowledgement: I do own a 360 HD-DVD drive, and ability to play HD DVD disks in a secondary system was a main motivation in buying a 360, that and FEAR, Oblivion, and the upcoming Mass Effect.)

Often what happens is that in the normal distirbution of electrical performance of components, if you're in the center of guassian distribution for component parameters (like on state resistance for a MOSFET), the system will work OK over the intended range, but with outlying components, thermal stress might be higher, and with the cascade of a few components in the outlying area, you have a system reliability problem. Some units will work without problems for years. Others won't. that's not good engineering, of course, it reflects the total drive for minimum cost in building the console (true for PS3 and Xbox; we sell parts to both), and the difficulty of making stuff JUST good enough but no more in order to keep the cost down. Right now, the PS3 DOES have an overengineered power supply, so it's a bit ahead of the game in that regard. Not so for the Xbox, IMO.

~Jon
                              the AudioWorx
                              Natalie P
                              M8ta
                              Modula Neo DCC
                              Modula MT XE
                              Modula Xtreme
                              Isiris
                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                              Minerva Monitor
                              Calliope
                              Ardent D

In Development...
                              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                              Obi-Wan
                              Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                              Modula PWB
                              Calliope CC Supreme
                              Natalie P Ultra
                              Natalie P Supreme
                              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                                Hmmm aren't there more 360's sold then PS3's? And also there is a very small percentage of 360's that needed refurbishing. I for one never had a problem with my Xbox 360 so I find it funny he says they don't work. The PS3 has had its problems too. He sounds like a really bad Playstation fanboy. Of course he works for them so I guess thats a given.
                                MS is now offering to repair and reimburse prior repairs to the Xbox due the the red light failures.

"they" are saying failure rate is in the 25-40% rate. The 360 has a much larger than "very small" failure rate.

However this is just my two cents, as I do not own either and dont plan on it until "the war is over" or both come down to the 300$range for complete next gen DVD compatablity.
                                B&W

Comment

• Pez
                                  • May 2004

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                                  Right now, the PS3 DOES have an overengineered power supply, so it's a bit ahead of the game in that regard. Not so for the Xbox, IMO.

~Jon
                                  The Xbox 360 power supply may not be overengineered but sure is oversized and ridiclous! :P

Comment

• helo
                                    • Mar 2007

Target is going Blu-ray exclusively.

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

First Blockbuster, now Target?
                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Jan 2006

Walmart seems to lean more toward Blu-Ray as well. I went in to one store and they had 0 HD and like 8 BD. The store closest to my house usually has about 3 diff HD titles and at least 6+ BD.

Comment

• Chetk
                                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
                                          First Blockbuster, now Target?
                                          Yep. I bet, before long, it will be Circuit City and Best Buy too. I'm not saying Fry's is exclusive by any means, but when I went to Fry's yesterday, I went to the "HD disc" section and I couldn't find HD-DVD's anywhere and I looked pretty hard for them in other sections. Only Blu-Ray. The HD-DVDs and the Blu-Rays used to be right next to each other.

The Blu-Ray win is iminent.

Comment

• Ovation
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Sep 2004

They're pretty evenly (and decently) stocked around here in the local Best Buys and Future Shops (the local Sony Stores, of course, only carry Blu-Ray discs). But other than those two chains, there are not many other places to buy them in my area yet (some of the video rental shops are carrying both formats in Montreal itself, but my local one--same chain--in the suburbs is not carrying either yet).

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

Stock at BBY is pretty even at the moment.
                                              B&W

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by helo
                                                Target is going Blu-ray exclusively.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/sto...3416613&page=1

Target has not gone Blu Ray exclusive. They still sell HD DVDs and still the the HD DVD add on. The only thing that happend was that the BDA bought end caps...just like HD DVD has done at CC.

Things really get spun out of control I find with news about the formats.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Sep 2005

"The brand new $113 Toshiba HD-DVD Player: Are the HD wars over?"

While I dont agree the war is over this is certainly good news for the masses when it comes to buying players.

I recently read that DVD ownership shot from 8 million to 80 million when prices of DVD players went down to $99.

Comment

• Chetk
                                                    • May 2004

That article is misleading. The player is still $238.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Chetk
                                                      That article is misleading. The player is still $238.
                                                      $238 with plus you get 5 free HD DVDs.

On a side note..you have to admit the BDA are kings at trying to mislead people into believing things about this "war".

Comment

• Chetk
                                                        • May 2004

you have to admit the BDA are kings at trying to mislead people into believing things about this "war".
                                                        :boohoo:

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Chetk
                                                          :boohoo:
                                                          not boohoo?...reality

I get the feeling you are a Blu Ray FB and willl defend that format above and beyond anything.

While I enjoy BD a lot (as well as HD DVD) neither format is winning and both lie...onlye the BDA lies a lot more. I have been following the war VERY close for the last 18 months an its the trueth.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

etc etc etc

I own both formats and want one to succeed, but the BDA has been full of lies.
                                                          Last edited by Nolan B; 28 July 2007, 04:24 Saturday.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Jan 2006

I get the feeling you are a Blu Ray FB and willl defend that format above and beyond anything.
                                                            I get this from him as well.

Comment

• Lex
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Apr 2001

HD-DVD ain't dead yet, as this week I pick up the Borne Identity. I been a waiting on this one!!! Goes with Borne Supremace too, on HD-DVD... Why they came out with 2 first, I dunno... But I anticipated this movie long ago, and wanted it bad.

I have a base stack of about probably 40 movies split almost equal between formats, now, I just cherry pick, which movie I want, it's not about format at all with me... But if I have the choice, I tend to buy HD-DVD at this point as that player seems to be my go to box more than not. ( I have to change a cable for BD or HD-DVD, crazy, yeah, me the cable guy, lol). I need a box to switch for me since my MC-12 won't.
                                                              Doug
                                                              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Dec 2000

Some interesting stories, biased towards the Blu-Ray bubbas:

"300" breaks records for HD disc sales, says that BD out-sold HD-DVD at a 2:1 ratio, which USA Today says has been the case for all of 2007.
                                                                Time Warner reported earlier today that their Helenican hit, "300" has become the fastest selling high definition movie of all …
                                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Dec 2000

Today's Best Buy ad seems to be pushing HD-DVD pretty hard. You can now get ***7*** free HD-DVD's with the purchase of any player. Buy an X-Box 360 with player, and you get another TWO free movies--King Kong, and 300. Another half page listing HD-DVD movies for sale. BD does have a smaller section on the next page with 6 BD's on sale.

Is Best Buy going towards HD-DVD like Blockbuster and others have gone to Blu-Ray only? Or is this only a big sale? It seems to me that Best Buy has always been format neutral.
                                                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Apr 2001

BB and CC are electronics whores. They'll push whatever someone compensates them to push, ya know?
                                                                    Doug
                                                                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• helo
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2007

Is Best Buy going towards HD-DVD like Blockbuster and others have gone to Blu-Ray only? Or is this only a big sale? It seems to me that Best Buy has always been format neutral.
                                                                      Blockbuster went Blu-ray exclusively.

Comment

• Chetk
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2004

Best Buy is definitely neutral.

Circuit City is neutral, but somewhat favors HD-DVD, whether it's done intentionally or not.

Fry's favors Blu-Ray, whether it's done intentionally or not.

Walmart is neutral.

Target is confused.

Blockbuster favors Blu-Ray.

Netflix doesn't favor either.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                          • 16073

I wouldn't say walmart is neutral. I went into a few and all they had were a few blu-rays. Honestly their HD section is hardly worth mentioning anyways.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2005
                                                                            • 1537

Today's Best Buy ad seems to be pushing HD-DVD pretty hard. You can now get ***7*** free HD-DVD's with the purchase of any player. Buy an X-Box 360 with player, and you get another TWO free movies--King Kong, and 300. Another half page listing HD-DVD movies for sale. BD does have a smaller section on the next page with 6 BD's on sale.

Neutral, big sale. 8)
                                                                            B&W

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Jan 2006
                                                                              • 16073

It's kind of funny that 300 outsold hd on bd. Didn't the HD copy have more features or something? Just goes to show the average consumer does not care about quality or what not its all about whats cheaper. 300 On HD was a dual disc too there for the price was a bit more. So I can easily see why the cheaper BD would outsell the HD.

Comment

• littlesaint
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jul 2007
                                                                                • 823

Just released:

Paramount is going HD-DVD exclusive (not including Spielberg films)

Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2005
                                                                                  • 1537

This is getting retarded, will someone just get it over with allready.
                                                                                  B&W

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 16073

Well thats a pretty large company to go HD only.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2005
                                                                                      • 1792

Houston Chronicle - Two studios drop support of Blu-ray DVDs

Time - Paramount to Drop Blu-Ray High-Def DVDs

ABC News - Paramount to Offer Movies in HD DVD

Forbes - Paramount to Offer Movies in HD DVD

Los Angeles Times - It's exclusive: Paramount, DreamWorks choose HD DVD

USA Today - Paramount to drop Blu-ray high-def DVDs

CBS - Paramount Says Goodbye To Blu-Ray, Hello To HD DVD

Washington Post - DreamWorks Animation, Paramount choose HD DVD - free login required

CNN Money - DreamWorks, Paramount pick HD DVD

Reuters - DreamWorks Animation, Paramount choose HD DVD

MSNBC - Paramount picks HD DVD over Blu-ray

San Jose Mercury News - Paramount to drop Blu-ray high-def DVDs

TechSpot - Paramount says goodbye to Blu-ray
                                                                                      While the numbers may be favoring Blu-ray in terms of sales, not everyone who has backed it is happy they did such. Paramount, in particular, along with...

Home Theater Mag - Paramount, DreamWorks Dump BD for HD DVD

PC World - HD DVD Scores Coup with Paramount and DreamWorks Exclusive

Paramount Film List:

The Ten Commandments (1923, with Technicolor sequences)
                                                                                      Wanderer of the Wasteland (1924, Paramount's first all-Technicolor feature)
                                                                                      Hotel Imperial (1927)
                                                                                      Wings (1927; winner of the first "Best Picture" Adademy Award)
                                                                                      The Wedding March (1928, with Technicolor sequences)
                                                                                      Redskin (1928, with Technicolor sequences)
                                                                                      Interference (1928, Paramount's first all-talkie)
                                                                                      Applause (1929)
                                                                                      The Love Parade (1929)
                                                                                      The Cocoanuts (1929)
                                                                                      Glorifying the American Girl (1929, with Technicolor sequences)
                                                                                      Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1920)
                                                                                      [edit] 1930s

The Vagabond King (1930, Paramount's first all-Technicolor talkie)
                                                                                      Follow Thru (1930, Paramount's second all-Technicolor talkie)
                                                                                      Morocco (1930)
                                                                                      Paramount on Parade (1930, with Technicolor sequences)
                                                                                      Animal Crackers (1930)
                                                                                      Monkey Business (1931)
                                                                                      Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931, now owned by Warner Bros./Turner Entertainment)
                                                                                      One Hour with You (1932)
                                                                                      The Sign of the Cross (1932)
                                                                                      Trouble in Paradise (1932)
                                                                                      Shanghai Express (1932)
                                                                                      Love Me Tonight (1932)
                                                                                      She Done Him Wrong (1933)
                                                                                      Duck Soup (1933)
                                                                                      I'm No Angel (1933)
                                                                                      Cleopatra (1934)
                                                                                      It's a Gift (1934)
                                                                                      The Lives of a Bengal Lancer (1935)
                                                                                      Go West, Young Man (1936), based on Lawrence Riley's Personal Appearance
                                                                                      The Jungle Princess (1936)
                                                                                      The Plainsman (1936)
                                                                                      The General Died at Dawn (1937)
                                                                                      Easy Living (1937)
                                                                                      Union Pacific (1939)
                                                                                      Beau Geste (1939)
                                                                                      Midnight (1939)
                                                                                      Gulliver's Travels (1939)
                                                                                      [edit] 1940s

The Lady Eve (1941)
                                                                                      Hold Back the Dawn (1941)
                                                                                      Mister Bug Goes to Town (1941)
                                                                                      Sullivan's Travels (1941)
                                                                                      Reap the Wild Wind (1942)
                                                                                      The Palm Beach Story (1942)
                                                                                      Road to Morocco (1942)
                                                                                      This Gun for Hire (1942)
                                                                                      Holiday Inn (1942)
                                                                                      So Proudly We Hail! (1943)
                                                                                      For Whom the Bell Tolls (1943)
                                                                                      The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944)
                                                                                      Double Indemnity (1944)
                                                                                      Going My Way (1944)
                                                                                      The Lost Weekend (1945)
                                                                                      The Blue Dahlia (1946)
                                                                                      To Each His Own (1946)
                                                                                      The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946)
                                                                                      My Favorite Brunette (1947)
                                                                                      Road to Rio (1947)
                                                                                      The Big Clock (194
                                                                                      Sorry, Wrong Number (194
                                                                                      The Paleface (194
                                                                                      The Heiress (1949)
                                                                                      My Friend Irma (1949)
                                                                                      Samson and Delilah (1949)
                                                                                      [edit] 1950s

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
                                                                                      The Mating Season (1951)
                                                                                      A Place in the Sun (1951)
                                                                                      Detective Story (1951)
                                                                                      The Greatest Show on Earth (1952)
                                                                                      Come Back, Little Sheba (1952)
                                                                                      Roman Holiday (1953)
                                                                                      Shane (1953)
                                                                                      Stalag 17 (1953)
                                                                                      The War of the Worlds (1953)
                                                                                      The Country Girl (1954)
                                                                                      Rear Window (1954, now owned by Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      White Christmas (1954)
                                                                                      Sabrina (1954)
                                                                                      The Rose Tattoo (1955)
                                                                                      To Catch a Thief (1955)
                                                                                      The Desperate Hours (1955)
                                                                                      The Trouble with Harry (1955, now owned by Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The Rainmaker (1956)
                                                                                      The Leather Saint (1956)
                                                                                      The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956, now owned by Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The Ten Commandments (1956)
                                                                                      War and Peace (1956)
                                                                                      Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957)
                                                                                      Fear Strikes Out (1957)
                                                                                      Funny Face (1957)
                                                                                      The Tin Star (1957)
                                                                                      Teacher's Pet (195
                                                                                      Vertigo (1958, now owned by Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The Blob (195
                                                                                      Li'l Abner (1959)
                                                                                      The Five Pennies (1959)
                                                                                      [edit] 1960s

G.I. Blues (1960)
                                                                                      Heller in Pink Tights (1960)
                                                                                      The Bellboy (1960)
                                                                                      Psycho (1960, distributor only, now owned by Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The World Of Suzie Wong (1960)
                                                                                      Cinderfella (1960)
                                                                                      Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
                                                                                      Blue Hawaii (1961)
                                                                                      One-Eyed Jacks (1961)
                                                                                      The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
                                                                                      Hud (1963)
                                                                                      The Nutty Professor (1963)
                                                                                      Seven Days in May (1964) (distribution, now owned by Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Lady In A Cage (1964)
                                                                                      Zulu (1964) (international distribution only, distributed in US by Embassy Pictures)
                                                                                      The Sons of Katie Elder (1965)
                                                                                      The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965)
                                                                                      Alfie (1966)
                                                                                      Seconds (1966)
                                                                                      Barefoot in the Park (1967)
                                                                                      El Dorado (1967)
                                                                                      Half a Sixpence (196
                                                                                      Once Upon a Time in the West (196
                                                                                      Rosemary's Baby (196
                                                                                      Goodbye, Columbus (1969)
                                                                                      My Side of the Mountain (1969)
                                                                                      The Italian Job (1969) (distribution)
                                                                                      Paint Your Wagon (1969)
                                                                                      [edit] 1970s

Darling Lili (1970)
                                                                                      Love Story (1970)
                                                                                      On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970)
                                                                                      The Out-of-Towners (1970; also remake in 1999)
                                                                                      A New Leaf (1971)
                                                                                      Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971, distribution only, now owned by Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Black Beauty (1971)
                                                                                      Harold and Maude (1971)
                                                                                      The Godfather (1972)
                                                                                      The Legend of Nigger Charley (1972)
                                                                                      Charlotte's Web (1973 film)
                                                                                      Paper Moon (1973)
                                                                                      Save the Tiger (1973)
                                                                                      Chinatown (1974)
                                                                                      The Longest Yard (1974)
                                                                                      The Parallax View (1974)
                                                                                      Death Wish (1974, co-production with DeLaurentiis Productions, first 3 sequels produced by Cannon Films and are now owned by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer)
                                                                                      The Conversation (1974)
                                                                                      The Godfather: Part II (1974)
                                                                                      The Great Gatsby (1974)
                                                                                      The Little Prince (1974)
                                                                                      Hustle (1975)
                                                                                      The Day of the Locust (1975)
                                                                                      Three Days of the Condor (1975, co-production with DeLaurentiis Productions)
                                                                                      The Bad News Bears (1976)
                                                                                      Bugsy Malone (1976)
                                                                                      The Last Tycoon (1976)
                                                                                      Marathon Man (1976)
                                                                                      King Kong (1976, co-production with DeLaurentiis Productions)
                                                                                      Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977)
                                                                                      Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown (1977)
                                                                                      Saturday Night Fever (1977)
                                                                                      Sorcerer (1977) (co-production with Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      Grease (197
                                                                                      Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978, international distribution only)
                                                                                      Up in Smoke (197
                                                                                      Prophecy (1979)
                                                                                      Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
                                                                                      Starting Over (1979)
                                                                                      The Warriors (1979)
                                                                                      Meatballs (1979)
                                                                                      [edit] 1980s

Airplane! (1980)
                                                                                      Urban Cowboy (1980)
                                                                                      Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (1980)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th (1980)
                                                                                      Ordinary People (1980)
                                                                                      Popeye (1980) (co-production with Walt Disney Productions)
                                                                                      Dragonslayer (1981) (co-production with Walt Disney Productions)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
                                                                                      My Bloody Valentine (1981)
                                                                                      Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (co-production with Lucasfilm Ltd.)
                                                                                      Reds (1981)
                                                                                      An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
                                                                                      48 Hrs. (1982)
                                                                                      Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)
                                                                                      Airplane II: The Sequel (1982)
                                                                                      Grease 2 (1982)
                                                                                      The Dead Zone (1983, co-production with DeLaurentiis Productions)
                                                                                      Still Smokin' (1983)
                                                                                      Terms of Endearment (1983)
                                                                                      Staying Alive (1983)
                                                                                      Flashdance (1983)
                                                                                      Trading Places (1983)
                                                                                      Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
                                                                                      Footloose (1984)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
                                                                                      Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) (co-production with Lucasfilm Ltd.)
                                                                                      Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
                                                                                      Witness (1985)
                                                                                      Young Sherlock Holmes (1985, co-production with Amblin Entertainment)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
                                                                                      Clue (1985)
                                                                                      Blue City (1986)
                                                                                      Crocodile Dundee (1986, US distribution)
                                                                                      Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
                                                                                      Pretty in Pink (1986)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
                                                                                      Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
                                                                                      Top Gun (1986)
                                                                                      Fatal Attraction (1987)
                                                                                      The Untouchables (1987)
                                                                                      Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)
                                                                                      Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1987)
                                                                                      Eddie Murphy Raw (1987)
                                                                                      The Accused (198
                                                                                      The Presidio (198
                                                                                      Coming to America (198
                                                                                      Crocodile Dundee II (1988, distribution)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (198
                                                                                      My Life as a Dog (198
                                                                                      The Naked Gun (198
                                                                                      Scrooged (198
                                                                                      Pet Sematary (1989)
                                                                                      Black Rain (1989)
                                                                                      Harlem Nights (1989)
                                                                                      Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) (co-production with Lucasfilm Ltd.)
                                                                                      Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
                                                                                      Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
                                                                                      Major League (1989, US distribution)
                                                                                      [edit] 1990s

Days of Thunder (1990)
                                                                                      Ghost (1990)
                                                                                      Another 48 Hrs. (1990)
                                                                                      The Hunt for Red October (1990)
                                                                                      The Godfather: Part III (1990)
                                                                                      The Addams Family (1991, co-production with Orion Pictures)
                                                                                      Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
                                                                                      The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991)
                                                                                      Regarding Henry (1991)
                                                                                      Patriot Games (1992)
                                                                                      Wayne's World (1992)
                                                                                      Pet Sematary Two (1992)
                                                                                      Boomerang (1992)
                                                                                      Bob Roberts (1992, co-production with Miramax Films, PolyGram Filmed Entertainment and Working Title Films)
                                                                                      What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993, co-production with J&M Entertainment)
                                                                                      Addams Family Values (1993)
                                                                                      The Firm (1993)
                                                                                      Wayne's World 2 (1993)
                                                                                      Indecent Proposal (1993)
                                                                                      Naked Gun 33?: The Final Insult (1994)
                                                                                      Forrest Gump (1994)
                                                                                      Beverly Hills Cop III (1994)
                                                                                      Clear and Present Danger (1994)
                                                                                      Star Trek: Generations (1994)
                                                                                      Nobody's Fool (1994, co-production with Capella International)
                                                                                      Andre (1994, co-production with The Kushner-Locke Company)
                                                                                      Lassie (1994)
                                                                                      Braveheart (1995, co-production with 20th Century Fox, Icon Productions, and The Ladd Company)
                                                                                      The Indian in the Cupboard (1995) (co-produced with Columbia Pictures)
                                                                                      Clueless (1995)
                                                                                      Tommy Boy (1995)
                                                                                      Congo (1995)
                                                                                      Virtuosity (1995)
                                                                                      Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)
                                                                                      Home for the Holidays (1995, co-production with PolyGram Filmed Entertainment)
                                                                                      Sabrina (1995)
                                                                                      Primal Fear (1996, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      Black Sheep (1996)
                                                                                      Beavis and Butt-head Do America (1996, co-production with The Geffen Film Company and MTV Films)
                                                                                      Harriet the Spy (1996) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Escape From L.A. (1996, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      Mission: Impossible (1996)
                                                                                      The First Wives Club (1996)
                                                                                      The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)
                                                                                      Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
                                                                                      The Evening Star (1996, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      The Phantom (1996)
                                                                                      Mother (1996)
                                                                                      The Relic (1997, co-production with PolyGram Filmed Entertainment)
                                                                                      Face/Off (1997, co-production with Touchstone Pictures)
                                                                                      Good Burger (1997) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Breakdown (1997, co-production with Spelling Films)
                                                                                      In & Out (1997, co-production with Spelling Films)
                                                                                      Night Falls on Manhattan (1997, co-production with Spelling Films)
                                                                                      The Saint (1997, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      Kiss the Girls (1997, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      The Rainmaker (1997)
                                                                                      Event Horizon (1997)
                                                                                      Private Parts (1997, co-production with Rysher Entertainment)
                                                                                      Titanic (1997) (co-production with 20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment)
                                                                                      Deep Impact (199 (with DreamWorks SKG)
                                                                                      Saving Private Ryan (199 (with DreamWorks SKG)
                                                                                      The Truman Show (199
                                                                                      The Rugrats Movie (199 (and its two sequels in 2000 & 2003) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Star Trek: Insurrection (199
                                                                                      Snake Eyes (1998, co-production with Touchstone Pictures)
                                                                                      Dead Man on Campus (199 (co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Payback (1999, US distribution, Warner Bros. handed most international territories)
                                                                                      Varsity Blues (1999, co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      200 Cigarettes (1999, co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Election (1999, co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      The Wood (1999, co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) (co-production with Warner Bros., which handled distribution outside of the USA)
                                                                                      The General's Daughter (1999)
                                                                                      Runaway Bride (1999, co-production with Touchstone Pictures)
                                                                                      Superstar (1999)
                                                                                      Sleepy Hollow (1999) (co-production with Mandalay Pictures)
                                                                                      Angela's Ashes (1999) (co-production with Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) (co-production with Miramax Films)
                                                                                      Double Jeopardy (1999)
                                                                                      [edit] 2000s

Snow Day (2000) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Rules of Engagement (2000)
                                                                                      Shaft (2000)
                                                                                      What Women Want (2000, co-production with Icon Productions)
                                                                                      Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (2000) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Mission: Impossible II (2000)
                                                                                      The Original Kings of Comedy (2000) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001) (with Nickelodeon Movies).
                                                                                      Save the Last Dance (2001) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Rat Race (2001)
                                                                                      Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001, US distribution)
                                                                                      Along Came a Spider (2001)
                                                                                      Down to Earth (2001) (co-production with Village Roadshow Pictures)
                                                                                      Enemy at the Gates (2001) (co-production with Mandalay Pictures)
                                                                                      Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) (Based on the video games)
                                                                                      The Score (2001) (co-production with Mandalay Pictures)
                                                                                      Zoolander (2001) (co-production with Village Roadshow Pictures and VH1 Films)
                                                                                      Vanilla Sky (2001)
                                                                                      Pootie Tang (2001) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Domestic Disturbance (2001)
                                                                                      Hardball (2001)
                                                                                      Abandon (2002, with Spyglass Entertainment)
                                                                                      Orange County (2002) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      We Were Soldiers (2002, co-production with Icon Productions)
                                                                                      Crossroads (2002) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Clockstoppers (2002) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Changing Lanes (2002)
                                                                                      Hey Arnold!: The Movie (2002) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      The Sum of All Fears (2002)
                                                                                      The Hours (2002, co-production with Miramax Films)
                                                                                      K-19: The Widowmaker (2002, co-production with Intermedia Films and National Geographic Feature Films)
                                                                                      Jackass: The Movie (2002) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
                                                                                      The Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)
                                                                                      School of Rock (2003)
                                                                                      The Core (2003)
                                                                                      Rugrats Go Wild! (2003) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      The Fighting Temptations (2003) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)
                                                                                      The Italian Job (2003)
                                                                                      Paycheck (2003, co-production with DreamWorks)
                                                                                      Timeline (2003)
                                                                                      Tupac: Resurrection (2003) (co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
                                                                                      The Stepford Wives (2004, co-production with DreamWorks)
                                                                                      Team America: World Police (2004)
                                                                                      Mean Girls (2004)
                                                                                      The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) (with Dreamworks SKG and Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Napoleon Dynamite (2004) (co-production with Fox Searchlight Pictures and MTV Films)
                                                                                      Without a Paddle (2004)
                                                                                      Collateral (2004) (with DreamWorks SKG)
                                                                                      Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) (distribution)
                                                                                      Alfie (2004)
                                                                                      The Perfect Score (2004, with MTV Films and Spyglass Entertainment)
                                                                                      Elizabethtown (2005)
                                                                                      Coach Carter (2005) (co-production with MTV Films)
                                                                                      The Honeymooners (2005)
                                                                                      War of the Worlds (2005) (co-production with DreamWorks SKG and Amblin Entertainment)
                                                                                      The Longest Yard (2005) (with Columbia Pictures and MTV Films)
                                                                                      The Weather Man (2005)
                                                                                      Yours, Mine and Ours (2005) (with MGM, Nickelodeon Movies and Columbia Pictures)
                                                                                      Four Brothers (2005)
                                                                                      Aeon Flux (2005) (co-production with Lakeshore Entertainment and MTV Films)
                                                                                      Sahara (2005)
                                                                                      Get Rich or Die Tryin' (2005)
                                                                                      Bad News Bears (2005) (remake of the 1976 film)
                                                                                      Failure to Launch (2006)
                                                                                      Last Holiday (2006)
                                                                                      Mission: Impossible III (2006)
                                                                                      Over the Hedge (2006) (distributor, produced by DreamWorks Animation)
                                                                                      Nacho Libre (2006) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Barnyard (2006) (with Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      World Trade Center (2006)
                                                                                      Flushed Away (2006) (distributor, produced by DreamWorks Animation)
                                                                                      Charlotte's Web (2006) (with Walden Media, The Kerner Entertainment Company and Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Jackass Number Two (2006)
                                                                                      Dreamgirls (2006) (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
                                                                                      Blades of Glory (2007) (distributor, produced by Dreamworks SKG) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Freedom Writers (2007) (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Zodiac (2007) (co-production with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Reno 911!: Miami (2007) (co-production with 20th Century Fox , Comedy Central Films and Jersey Films)
                                                                                      Norbit (2007) (distibutor, produced by Dreamworks SKG)
                                                                                      Disturbia (2007) (distributor, produced by Dreamworks Pictures)
                                                                                      Next (2007) (distributor, produced by Revolution Studios, Initial Entertainment Group and Virtual Studios)
                                                                                      Shrek the Third (2007) (distributor, produced by DreamWorks Animation)
                                                                                      A Mighty Heart (2007) (released under the Paramount Vantage label)
                                                                                      Transformers (2007) (with DreamWorks Pictures, Hasbro, and Amblin Entertainment)
                                                                                      Hot Rod (2007)
                                                                                      Stardust (2007)
                                                                                      [edit] Upcoming films

[edit] 2007

Beowulf (2007) (with Warner Bros. and ImageMovers)
                                                                                      [edit] 2008

Cloverfield (code title) (200
                                                                                      The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (200 (co-production with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Interstellar (200 (co-production with Amblin Entertainment)
                                                                                      Iron Man (200 (with Marvel Entertainment)
                                                                                      Indiana Jones 4 (working title) (200
                                                                                      Star Trek (200
                                                                                      Sunset Boulevard (200
                                                                                      Rainbow Six (200
                                                                                      [edit] 2009

Interstellar (2009)
                                                                                      Torso (2009)
                                                                                      Splinter Cell (2009)
                                                                                      [edit] 2010

Shrek 4 (2010) (co-production with DreamWorks Animation)
                                                                                      Dreamworks Filme:
                                                                                      1997
                                                                                      Amistad
                                                                                      Mousehunt
                                                                                      The Peacemaker
                                                                                      [edit] 1998

Antz
                                                                                      Deep Impact (co-production with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Paulie
                                                                                      The Prince of Egypt
                                                                                      Saving Private Ryan (with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Small Soldiers (with Universal Studios)
                                                                                      [edit] 1999

American Beauty
                                                                                      Forces of Nature
                                                                                      Galaxy Quest
                                                                                      The Haunting
                                                                                      In Dreams
                                                                                      The Love Letter
                                                                                      [edit] 2000

Almost Famous (co-production with Columbia Pictures)
                                                                                      Cast Away (co-production with 20th Century Fox)
                                                                                      Chicken Run (co-production with Aardman Animations and Pathé)
                                                                                      The Contender (co-production with Cinerenta Medienbeteiligungs KG)
                                                                                      An Everlasting Piece (co-production with Columbia Pictures)
                                                                                      Gladiator (co-production with Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      Joseph: King of Dreams (Direct to Video)
                                                                                      The Legend of Bagger Vance (co-production with 20th Century Fox)
                                                                                      Meet the Parents (co-production with Universal Pictures)
                                                                                      The Road to El Dorado
                                                                                      Road Trip
                                                                                      Small Time Crooks
                                                                                      Walk the Talk (Direct to Video)
                                                                                      What Lies Beneath (co-production with 20th Century Fox)
                                                                                      [edit] 2001

Shrek
                                                                                      The Last Castle
                                                                                      A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (co-production with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      A Beautiful Mind (co-production with Universal Studios)
                                                                                      The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (in association with VCL Communications GmbH)
                                                                                      Evolution (co-production with Columbia Pictures)
                                                                                      The Mexican (co-production with Newmarket Films)
                                                                                      [edit] 2002

Catch Me If You Can
                                                                                      Hollywood Ending
                                                                                      Minority Report (co-production with 20th Century Fox)
                                                                                      The Ring
                                                                                      Road to Perdition (with 20th Century Fox)
                                                                                      Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
                                                                                      The Time Machine (with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      The Tuxedo
                                                                                      [edit] 2003

Anything Else
                                                                                      Biker Boyz
                                                                                      The Cat in the Hat (co-production with Universal Studios)
                                                                                      Head of State
                                                                                      House of Sand and Fog
                                                                                      Millennium Actress (Go Fish Pictures division)
                                                                                      Old School
                                                                                      Paycheck (co-production with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Seabiscuit (co-production with Universal Studios and Spyglass Entertainment)
                                                                                      Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
                                                                                      [edit] 2004

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
                                                                                      Collateral (with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Envy (with Columbia Pictures and Castle Rock Entertainment)
                                                                                      Eurotrip
                                                                                      Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2 (Distribution by Go Fish Pictures division)
                                                                                      Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (co-production with Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies)
                                                                                      Meet the Fockers (co-production with Universal Studios)
                                                                                      Shark Tale (distribution only)
                                                                                      Shrek 2 (distribution only)
                                                                                      The Stepford Wives (remake of 1975 film) (co-production with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Surviving Christmas
                                                                                      The Terminal
                                                                                      Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
                                                                                      [edit] 2005

The Chumscrubber (Distribution by Go Fish Pictures division)
                                                                                      Dreamer
                                                                                      The Island (with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Just like Heaven
                                                                                      Madagascar
                                                                                      Match Point (co-production with BBC Films)
                                                                                      Memoirs of a Geisha (co-production with Columbia Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment)
                                                                                      Munich (co-production with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and Alliance Atlantis)
                                                                                      The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (co-production with Revolution Studios)
                                                                                      Red Eye
                                                                                      The Ring Two
                                                                                      Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (distribution only, co-production between DreamWorks Animation and Aardman Animations)
                                                                                      War of the Worlds (co-production with Paramount Pictures and Amblin Entertainment)
                                                                                      [edit] 2006

Dreamgirls (with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Flags of Our Fathers (with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      Flushed Away (distribution only through Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      The Last Kiss (distribution only) (with Lakeshore Entertainment)
                                                                                      Over the Hedge (distribution only through Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (distribution only, produced by Constantin Film)
                                                                                      She's the Man (with Lakeshore Entertainment)
                                                                                      Letters from Iwo Jima (with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      [edit] 2007

Bee Movie (distribution only through Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Blades of Glory (with MTV Films)
                                                                                      Disturbia
                                                                                      Norbit
                                                                                      Shrek the Third (distribution only through Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Sweeney Todd (with Warner Bros.)
                                                                                      The Heartbreak Kid
                                                                                      Things We Lost in the Fire
                                                                                      Transformers (with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      [edit] 2008 and upcoming films

When Worlds Collide (with Paramount Pictures)
                                                                                      Lincoln
                                                                                      Madagascar 2: The Crate Escape
                                                                                      The Lovely Bones (co-production with FilmFour)
                                                                                      Revolutionary Road (co-production with BBC Films)
                                                                                      Will
                                                                                      Tintin
                                                                                      Shrek 4 (distribution only through Paramount Pictures)

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Dec 2000
                                                                                        • 16877

Yyyeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I think we get it, Vancouver.

Yes, just when things were looking to be decidedly in the BD camp, we have a new wrinkle in the war! Hmmmm...
                                                                                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                                          • 16073

I think thats a little bigger then a wrinkle. Thats a pretty big studio moving over.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                                                            • 1792

Yyyeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I think we get it, Vancouver.

Yes, just when things were looking to be decidedly in the BD camp, we have a new wrinkle in the war! Hmmmm...

sorr if my post was over the top, but it is big news and I didnt realize how big it was until I saw just how many great movies on on that list.

I wont be hurt if you delete it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"