• Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

New Toshiba DVD/HD recorder

The link

http://www.prosoundnews.com/stories/2002/june/0610.5.shtml

The text

Toshiba Launches Innovative DVD Players

Wayne, NJ (June 10, 2002)--Toshiba has introduced two DVD products that help push the format further--a DVD-Video recorder with a built-in 80 GB hard drive and a portable DVD-Video/Audio player with built-in widescreen LCD.

The Toshiba RD-X2 has DVD-RAM and DVD-R recording that includes the time-shifting and assemble editing capabilities of hard-disk recording. It allows users to record and playback video in MPEG-2 digital video resolution. Plus, the unit includes title creation and program editing features that will let users create a video library of recorded content, or digitize their home movies. Other features include four line inputs, multiple recording options, and high-speed dubbing from hard drive to DVD. The RD-X2 will be available in the fall with an MSRP of $1,499.

The Toshiba SD-P2000 is a progressive scan portable DVD-Video/Audio player with a high-resolution widescreen 8.9-inch LCD. It uses a supplied 3.5-hour Lithium Ion rechargeable battery, and includes two headphone jacks. The LCD is invertible, so it can be installed on the roof of the car or in the headrest to keep the kids quiet during a long trip. The player delivers 2-channel DVD-Audio sound, and includes a Dialogue Expander that enhances center channel frequencies and a built-in Spatializer N-2-2 virtual surround sound technology that can provide wraparound surround effects. The SP-P2000 will be available this month with an MSRP of $999.99.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

hey, you throw enough good products into a dryer, and fluff them, no telling what you will come out with. The progression makes sense. I think. Just tell me it doesn't have winblows.

Thanks for the informative post Brandon!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

:rf

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"