X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rumplestiltskin
    • Sep 2006

Problem with Sony receiver

I have a Sony STR-DE975, and the right front channel sounds like it isn't being amplified, or at least not nearly as much as the left channel. Everything else seems to be fine, but there's a huge hole in my sound :cry:

Any ideas what might be causing it? Seems odd to only lose one channel.
  • Rumplestiltskin
    • Sep 2006

Any good sites I should visit??

Any sites out there that might offer good troubleshooting guides for this type of equipment?

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Check the balance control, and your speaker level settings.

If those don't help, try swapping speaker wires (left to right and right to left) to see if it's in the receiver or the speaker/wiring.

If it's in the receiver, and it's out of warranty, chuck it and get a Denon, Yamaha, Rotel, ... although Sony makes some nice stuff, the DE-series receivers don't cut it IMHO.

Comment

• Rumplestiltskin
        • Sep 2006

Already did all that...

It's gotta be in the receiver. I've done about all the easy troubleshooting I can do. I've bought another receiver to get things back up and running, but wouldn't mind fixing this so I can sell it or have it as a spare. I don't mind getting down to the board level for repair, but would need a little "guidance" on what to look at

Comment

• ac81017
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Rumplestiltskin
          I have a Sony STR-DE975, and the right front channel sounds like it isn't being amplified, or at least not nearly as much as the left channel. Everything else seems to be fine, but there's a huge hole in my sound :cry:

Any ideas what might be causing it? Seems odd to only lose one channel.
          I have two friends that both have had the 975qs, It seems that after the 1080qs everything went down hill big time for the qs, both the qaulity and price have gone down.

If you like the qs series, then it might be worth changing to an earlyer qs, anything from the old 940 to the 1080.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"