X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam68
    • Jan 2006

I need help with my RCA A/v reciever

Hi this is my first post. I have a RCA A/v reciever (RT2280), I am trying to connect a Samsung DVD-recorder (DVD-R120). I have a sylvania television, with a Scientific Atlanta cable box. My Dvd-recorder can not read the channels from my cable box. Does anyone have any suggestions? if anyone has questions ask about what I'm talking about. (I am not a very good with entertainment systems.)

Any help is great,
    Samantha
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Check your connections on the DVD Recorder and ensure you are connected to the cable box not through the TV, (output of the cable box to the inputs of the DVD Recorder). Check your settings on your DVD recorder to check your source recording. Read you manual especially the trouble-shooting guide, there are usually quick solutions for issues. Hopefully, others will chime in here to offer further advice.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Sam68
      Hi this is my first post. I have a RCA A/v reciever (RT2280), I am trying to connect a Samsung DVD-recorder (DVD-R120). I have a sylvania television, with a Scientific Atlanta cable box. My Dvd-recorder can not read the channels from my cable box. Does anyone have any suggestions? if anyone has questions ask about what I'm talking about. (I am not a very good with entertainment systems.)

Any help is great,
      Samantha
      Are your cable channels scrambled or unscrambled ? If the latter is the case, your DVD recorder will not read the channels, only receive the signal from the channel that is selected on the cable box at the given time.
      Last edited by Glen B; 17 January 2006, 22:38 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"