X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sickmint79
    • Mar 2004

need preamp, recommendations??

hey all, need a recommendation for a good preamp. would like something thx certified, i think 5.1 channels is all i need. something with DTS or whatever the latest processing is as well. i'm perfectly happy with used, not sure what to budget ($500?) - all i have so far for my system is a rotel rmb-1075 and a pair of nice rhapsody cables. also when in stereo mode can you still turn on the sub ?? seems like something you'd want/need if you were just listening to regular music in stereo but didn't have full range speakers. what do you guys recommend? i am a little partial to rotel. what will work well for me?
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

Is 500 your budget or a starting point?

For that ammount the Outlaw is a very good preamp and is retailed for 700 US brand new. Also even getting a receiver and using the preamp outputs to the Rotel will work as well.
    Jason

Comment

• sickmint79
      • Mar 2004

i guess 500-1000. not much interested in buying new because i think i will get a lot more out of used equipment right? will all preamps be able to use the sub channel while in stereo mode for music or is that a rate (or unavailable) feature?

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

Ebay has a couple of Rotel RSP-980 pre/pro's and they generally gor for 200-300, and you can add seperate processors piece by piece. (RDA-980,985, etc...) The RSP-980 does a great job @ 2 channel, plus has the 5 channel output to plug right into your'e amp. It does'nt have the state of the art surround as the newer ones do but to get going and maintain music listening it woul be hard to beat at your'e $500 price mark. Or if your'e patient you could keep an eye open for a used RSP-1066 wich I have seen on audiogon for as little as $600. Both of these units mentioned will give you sub capability with 2 channel.

Comment

• sickmint79
          • Mar 2004

is the 1066 thx ? ah doesn't seem so, i can live with that though. it is 7.1 though right? a 5.1 with thx and dts would be nice too though if similar in price... down to $600 would be amazing since i have seen a few around and they are 1000-1200 !

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"