X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

800D HT and Stereo

I have just purchased a pair of 800Ds and will recieve them in a few weeks. I currently have N802s with bi-amped Denon 5803A. I also just bought a used pair of Classe 350 monoblocks. I am interested in the best of both worlds for HT and Stereo. I am thinking of buying a stereo preamp Classe 47.9 , CP-65 or the new Delta series. I have a Denon 3910 DVD/CD that is connected via Denon link to the 5803. I will hook the 3910 to the Preamp via RCA (no XLR on the Denon). The 350 Monoblock Amps will hook to the denon 5803 via RCA and the Preamp via XLR (I understand this won't be balanced since the CD isn't).

Here are some questions I need help with:

1) Will the above work? Any overall guidance?
    2) Will the Classe 350 MBs be a good match for the 800Ds?
    2) What Classe preamp would you go with? Any other Amps I should look at?
    3) Should I keep the N802s for the rear or will this be overkill

I have heard both the 802Ds and the 803Ds and was very impressed!
  • jahlion
    • Feb 2005

Congratulations on your purchase!

The N802's as surrounds are only overkill if you never plan to listen to any multi-channel SACD or DVD-Audio. Personally, I would keep them and hope some good multi-channel music gets released in the future.

About the connects:

I prefer not to use RCA whenever possible, but it seems you have no choice. I would try and still use the DenonLink (FireWire) cable between the CD/DVD player and receiver.

I am still waiting to hear about my 802D's. A B&W rep is coming to my dealer on Tuesday. I hope to find out if I passed the test for my discount then.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"