X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by wkhanna
    I was going to comment on your shelves, they are beautiful!
    Having a cabinetmaker in the family must be convenient when your building speakers. :W
    Thanks! Well, I asked him about building me a speaker cabinet, but when he saw the plans for my line source speaker he balked (i.e. complicated). He's really busy too. I think I've simplified the design and I'll do all the assembly, so I may try him again.

I got my tall shelf unit from the local Ikea store in their scratch&dent room. I modified one of the shelves with roller bearing sliders so I could store my RCM. When I need clean an LP, the entire unit slides out for easy access.
    I was wondering how you got the LP's in there to clean them. That was a great idea! Very nice! :T

I would say we are about even on our counts, and I see a what appear to be a nice collection of classical box-sets on the right hand side. Very nice! Do you have an RCM? Are your Dad’s LP’s in good shape? I seem to remember you saying a while ago he had an extensive classical library.
    I don't have a RCM, but have some cleaning brushes and various cleaning fluids. I do plan on getting a cleaning machine, but that's like $400 - $500 in DVDs. He has cut back the last few months and I hope it continues.

I think most of his records are in pretty good shape. Some are pretty worn but still listenable. Yes, my dad really loves classical music. He just doesn't like messing with LPs much now, and has a big collection of CDs and some SACDs.

I just had look through those LP sets, I haven't really looked through all his sets before. Here's some of 'em:

Bach - Glenn Gould
    Tchaikovsky - Philadephia Orchestra/Ormandy
    Beethoven Symphonies - Toscanini
    Beethoven Symphonies - New York Phil/Leonard Bernstein
    Brahms - Columbia Symphony Orchestra/Bruno Walter
    Mozart, Last 6 Sym. - Concertgebouw Orch/Krips

They look in real good shape too. I'll have to give a listen when I can. I bent my cart needle accidently a while back so I may upgrade my cart, and build a MC phono preamp. We'll see.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Johnloudb
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Alaric
      Currently BTO's Not Fragile , circa 1971. Scratches , hisses , crackles , and pops not withstanding , a fantastic album. Randy Bachman and C.F. Turner ripped into the 70s with a large pair.
      That's my favorite BTO, along with Four Wheel Drive.
      John unk:

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

It's the only BTO I have left. I'm cleaning out the basement this weekend , and it's adjacent to the man-cave , so I'm going through the albums. This morning will be The Alice Cooper Show , Jeff Beck-Blow By Blow , and I'll be comparing a recent 180 gram Led Zeppelin III pressing to one from the seventies. If the basement still isn't clean , I'll continue with Raising Sand.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Johnloudb
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2007

The man-cave? :rofl: :rofl: We call it the music room, but your terminology is more accurate.
          John unk:

Comment

• Alaric
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

I've moved on to Hair Of The Dog , Pyromania , Black Sabbath Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath , and Quiet Riot's Metal Health. My listening spot is about 8 feet from the speakers. The wife and child flash the light switch if they need my attention. I'm abusing my hearing but loving my life.
            Last edited by Alaric; 11 August 2009, 21:23 Tuesday. Reason: typo
            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
            Schiit Modi 3
            Marantz CD5005
            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Hit the used record store this evening. Currently listening to Houses Of The Holy. Next up is Linda Ronstadt's Simple Dreams. Also picked up some Freddy Fender , Hotel California , and the Eurythmics. All pretty clean. Simple Dreams is very clean and noise-free.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Your really on a roll, Lee!

And 1700 posts to boot! :E

Glad your havining a good time. :T

Keep'em spinning!
                _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

It was a fun weekend. I'm working this Sunday and have a doctor appt. Monday , but I'll find a few hours to give the new vinyl a test ride . I really want to hear Annie Lennox belting out 'Would I Lie To You' and Linda's Blue Bayou with enough watts to give me goose bumps.
                  1700 posts. Sheesh. Chatty little critter , aren't I.
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                    • Jan 2006

.....Linda's Blue Bayou with enough watts to give me goose bumps.......
                    I get bumps when I hear her sing that one with just one watt :W
                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

I get a "bump" when I pull out the dust jacket and see that photo of her with a flower behind her ear , looking over her shoulder . The album also has Poor,Poor,Pitiful Me , It's So Easy , and Tumbling Dice. I think it's time to plug the headphones into the Bellari now....
                      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                      Schiit Modi 3
                      Marantz CD5005
                      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Alaric
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006

Today's menu at the Man-Cave Vinyl Cafe consists of LZ's Coda , Grand Funk's We're An American Band , Jeff Beck's Blow By Blow (Japanese release) , and Elvis' 50 Gold Singles on RCA (mono). If I have room (and time) for dessert it will be The Last Of The Great Earl Hooker. All washed down with a frosty Newcastle or two. Now it's time for my audio feast. :T
                        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                        Schiit Modi 3
                        Marantz CD5005
                        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                          • Jan 2006

Spinning through my latest finds from Jerry's

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1822.webp
Views:	65
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	931677

Name:	DSCF1821.webp
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	931678
                          Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:08 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006

Heart's Little Queen and Bebe LeStrange , April Wine's Harder,Faster , and Quiet Riot's Metal Health.

Nice set , Bill! I became an Oscar Peterson fan a few years ago. Very nice stuff!
                            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                            Schiit Modi 3
                            Marantz CD5005
                            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                              • Jan 2006

Thanks Lee.

The ‘Night Train’ LP is a tribute of sorts to Duke Ellington with many of the Duke’s classics being interpreted by Oscar.

It is amazing just how many familiar melodies the average person can recognize but not name which are actually from the ‘House of Ellington’. But what really amazes me is the number of these classics that were in fact penned by Billy Strayhorn. From “Take the A Train” to "Lotus Blossom", "Chelsea Bridge", "Rain Check", "Day Dream" and "Something to Live For", to "Satin Doll" and "Sugar Hill Penthouse", all were compositions of ‘Swee Pea’, as he was affectionately called by his close friends.

So the next time you catch yourself humming or whistling “Caravan”, “Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me” , “ Don't Get Around Much Anymore”, “I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues”, “ I Didn't Know About You”, “ I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good)”, “I'm Just a Lucky So-and-So”, “ In a Mellow Tone”, “ In a Sentimental Mood”, “ It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)”, “ Just Squeeze Me (But Please Don't Tease Me)” or “ Mood Indigo” to name just a few; remember that it was more likely that Billy S. was the one who wrote, shaped or molded that tune into the timeless classic that it is.
                              _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006

Next up is Hotel California and The Alice Cooper Show. I also have an original The Song Remains The Same. I actually have two copies , but one has been saved for many years and only played by decent stylii. Followed by a very early (original?) Dark Side Of The Moon and a MoFi Aqualung from the late 70s. After those , a 180 gram pressing of Nirvana's Nevermind (Japanese release).
                                Bill , do you have a good source for albums? I'm intrigued by some of the titles you've shown , and would really like to start adding some jazz to my library.
                                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                Schiit Modi 3
                                Marantz CD5005
                                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                                  • Jan 2006

That is quite a list of ‘classics’ you have queued up, Lee!
                                  And the quality of the pressings sounds V impressive, too.
                                  Early DSOM, JT on MoFi & Japanese Nivana, all must sound great.

I have sprung for a few MoFi’s, like Santana Abraxas & some Miles Davis, But at $30 to $50 a pop, it’s just too rich for my budget to splurge for more than three or four purchases a year on the top-notch stuff.

95% of my library is purchased used, and made the purchase of my VPI 16.5 RCM a necessity. It has quickly more than paid for itself by restoring what would otherwise be average condition LP’s to near mint. My labor intensive manual cleaning methods never came close. I get the vast majority of my used discs at Jerry’s Used Records. I have found a few new pressings at various music shops around town, but their selections are limited. The rest I order from the ususal suspects like Elusive Disc & Music Direct.

You should plan a day trip over to my place and we can go over to Jerry’s. Their Rock section will make you short of breathe as you fall to your knees and kiss the floor. And don’t worry, they have a mop for cleaning up your drool. :W
                                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Bob
                                    • Jul 2000

Some very good sites for used records, and hard to find records are the following:

Rare & Collectible Vinyl Records - Serving customers around the world for more than 25 years

Comment

• wkhanna
                                      • Jan 2006

Thanks for the links, Bob!

I see your not too far from LA.
                                      Have been to Ameoba Records?
                                      I have heard they can be great place for vinyl on the West Coast.
                                      _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Bob
                                        • Jul 2000

Wkhanna,
                                        Yes, I go to Ameoba Records several times a year. There are a number of good new and used record stores in the Los Angeles area. But, none that can compare with Acoustic Sounds for new records and none that can compete with the three web sites I listed for used.
                                        Of course, it is nice to go to a store, like Ameoba, instead of searching the web.

Comment

• Alaric
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Jan 2006

My meager MoFi collection (all three) are actually late 70s purchases. I have Aqualung , LedZep II , and Cosmo's Factory. I was given LZ I , II , and III on 180 gram Quiex vinyl recently and really like them. I regularly play the two LZ IIs and try to decide which one I prefer. I do the same thing with my DSOTM SACD and early vinyl. Nevermind is a great sounding example. If you get a chance to pick it up you should go for it.
                                          I do these things so I can pretend it's "critical listening" , but the spontaneous air guitar performances remind me I'm not fooling anybody.
                                          Great leads and links! Thanks , guys.
                                          For tomorrow I have Nugent's Double Live Gonzo , Beatle's White Album (Capitol) , and The Most Of The Animals. I'm up to six mono discs , five Elvis and one of The Animals. I'm thinking of trying a mono cartridge for them but my set-up skills make me hesitate. I don't want to start messing up stuff every time I change records.
                                          Last edited by Alaric; 07 September 2009, 16:10 Monday.
                                          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                          Schiit Modi 3
                                          Marantz CD5005
                                          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wkhanna
                                            • Jan 2006

I'm thinking of trying a mono cartridge for them but my set-up skills make me hesitate. I don't want to start messing up stuff every time I change records.
                                            See if you can find a decent Technics TT at a resale or flee market to run your mono's. Everybody should have at least two TT's! :W
                                            Last edited by wkhanna; 08 September 2009, 07:37 Tuesday.
                                            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Jan 2006

I think I'll start Monday's set with CCR's Cosmo's Factory (MoFi half speed master). May follow with the soundtrack from The Graduate , Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl , and Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie. May have to break out the spousal unit's 45s , also.
                                              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                              Schiit Modi 3
                                              Marantz CD5005
                                              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• btf1980
                                                • Aug 2007

The latest haul.

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin - 45 RPM (Analogue Productions)
                                                Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy - 45 RPM (Analogue Productions)
                                                Grant Green - Idle Moments - 45 RPM (Analogue Productions)
                                                The 3 Sounds - Bottom's Up - 45 RPM (Analogue Productions)
                                                Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Going Back To Acoustic - 180 Gram (Pure Pleasure)
                                                Louis Armstrong & Oscar Peterson - Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson - 180 Gram (Speakers Corner)
                                                Louis Armstrong - Satch Plays Fats - 180 Gram (Pure Pleasure)
                                                Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - Recording Together For The First Time 200 Gram
                                                Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - The Great Reunion (Classic) 200 Gram
                                                Booker Little - Out Front - 180 Gram (Pure Pleasure)
                                                Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up - 180 Gram (Cisco)
                                                Herbie Hancock - Takin' Off - 180 Gram (Cisco)
                                                Sonny Rollins - The Bridge - 180 Gram
                                                Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk - (import)
                                                Miles Davis - Milestones - (import)
                                                Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - 180 Gram
                                                Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul - 180g (MoFi)
                                                Elmo Williams and Hezekiah Early - 10" - American Made

Name:	DSC_0004-25.webp
Views:	66
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	931679

Name:	DSC_0012-12.webp
Views:	67
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	931680

Listening to Hank Mobley's "A Caddy For Daddy" has me --> 8O

So earth shattering real. It's like Hank Mobley, Lee Morgan, McCoy Tyner etc are playing in front of me. Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray have hit a homerun again with these 45rpm bluenotes.
                                                Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:08 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• btf1980
                                                  • Aug 2007

Been listening to 45s daily now. It's starting to feel weird when I listen to a 33 1/3 record, since I'm so used to getting up every 10 minutes.

Latest haul.

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch - 45 RPM - Music Matters
                                                  Kenny Dorham - Round About Midnight At The Cafe Bohemia - Music Matters
                                                  Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny - 45 RPM - Analog Productions
                                                  Miles Davis - The Musings of Miles - 45 RPM - Analog Productions
                                                  Red Garland Trio - Groovy - 45 RPM - Analog Productions
                                                  Thelonious Monk Trio - Alone in San Francisco - 45 RPM - Analog Productions
                                                  Thelonious Monk - The Unique Thelonious Monk - 45 RPM - Analog Productions
                                                  Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall - 200 Gram - Mosaic
                                                  Clifford Brown & Max Roach - A Study in Brown - 180 Gram - Speakers Corner

The gatefold covers on the Music Matters titles are superb!

Name:	DSC_0001-26.webp
Views:	68
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	931681

Name:	DSC_0002-30.webp
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	931682

Name:	DSC_0003-30.webp
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	931683

Name:	DSC_0005-27.webp
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	931684

Also picked up a couple of White Stripes and Raconteurs 45s.

Name:	DSC_0008-21.webp
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	931685
                                                  Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:10 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• btf1980
                                                    • Aug 2007

More Hoffman/Gray 45 rpms and 2 big scores imo. An original copy of Ole by John Coltrane and an original Fela Kuti lp. I already have this record, but this one is in much better condition and was never played.

Name:	DSC_0001-28.webp
Views:	64
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	931686

Name:	DSC_0002-32.webp
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	931687
                                                    Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:11 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • May 2007

Wow, those are all really nice. I need to get my LP playback going as soon as possible. Need to get the main stereo going again for that matter. Going to hook up our backup speakers, since our others are still not repaired. Need to hook up my subs too.
                                                      John unk:

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                        • Jan 2006

Lou Reed

Name:	DSCF1846.webp
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	931626

Taking a walk down memory lane, and remembering when I too would venture on the 'wild side' in my own way.

It's been 30+ yrs since I listened to this LP in its entirety. What really impresses me is the sound quality of this RCA LP. The engineering on 'Take a Walk on the Wild Side' is absolute demo quality. (why must they insist on mixing music for earbuds these days? :M ) I never enjoyed this music as much as I have tonight. Pure classic. What fun. Times like this remind me why I am into this hobby.
                                                        Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:38 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                        _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                          • Jan 2006

Gene Ammons & Sonny Stitt

Gene Ammons & Sonny Stitt - Jug & Sonny

Name:	DSCF1859.webp
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	931625
                                                          Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:38 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                            • Jan 2006

Nat Adderley Quintet - On the Move

Nat Adderley Quintet - On the Move

Name:	DSCF1876.webp
Views:	68
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	931821
                                                            Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 17:38 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                              • Jan 2006

The Woody Herman Big Band

The Woody Herman Big Band

Most of my GRP label LP’s are average AFA SQ goes, and some are down right awfull, even ones that I bought factory sealed.

This one is an exception, near Sheffield- like quality. A real surprise, the kind I can do with more of.

Name:	DSCF1880.webp
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	931822
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 17:39 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                              _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                • Aug 2007

Gene Ammons, Sonny Stitt, Nat Adderley. Damn, we have very similar tastes! :T

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                  • Jan 2006

warning Will R, HUGE File!

Oh, you don't know the half of it!

Some recent finds over the last few months:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1914.webp Views:	1 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	931877

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1912.webp Views:	1 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	931878

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1911.webp Views:	1 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	931879

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1910.webp Views:	1 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	931880

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1909.webp Views:	1 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	931881

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1908.webp Views:	1 Size:	46.6 KB ID:	931882

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1907.webp Views:	1 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	931883

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1906.webp Views:	1 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	931884

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1905.webp Views:	1 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	931885

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1904.webp Views:	1 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	931886

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1903.webp Views:	1 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	931887

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1902.webp Views:	1 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	931888

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1901.webp Views:	1 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	931889

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1900.webp Views:	1 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	931890

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1899.webp Views:	1 Size:	30.2 KB ID:	931891

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1898.webp Views:	1 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	931892

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1897.webp Views:	1 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	931893

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1896.webp Views:	1 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	931894

Name:	DSCF1895.webp
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	931895

Name:	DSCF1894.webp
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	931896

This is a three LP series, I got the 'feet' first, almost a year ago. I just gpt the 'Waist' a few weeks ago. Now I just need some.....er ah...... I mean THE head.

Name:	DSCF1891.webp
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	931897

Name:	DSCF1892.webp
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	931898

Name:	DSCF1893.webp
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	931899

Name:	DSCF1890.webp
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	931900

Name:	DSCF1889.webp
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	931901

Name:	DSCF1888.webp
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	931902

Name:	DSCF1887.webp
Views:	63
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	931903

Name:	DSCF1886.webp
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	931904

Name:	DSCF1885.webp
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	931905
                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 20:12 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                    • Jan 2006

Just got these in the post today.

George Russell is the composer who developed the musical structure used by Miles Davis for KOB. Improvisation of scales as apposed to melody was the basis. No Geo Russell, No KOB. Miles knew he found something special after meeting with Geo, and is supposed to have said ‘Trane’ would have got it right away. This LP is Avant Garde and not for the shy of heart. But the ‘catalyst’ of KOB is self evident.

Name:	DSCF1882.webp
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	931907

The other two need no narrative.

Name:	DSCF1883.webp
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	931908

Name:	DSCF1884.webp
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	931909
                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 20:14 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2007

Awesome haul there wkhanna!

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2007

My latest haul.

Digable Planet - Blowout Comb
                                                                        The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride

Name:	DSC_0012-13.webp
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	931910

JB Lenoir - Alabama Blues (sadly, an often forgotten blues man)

Name:	DSC_0002-33.webp
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	931911

Stanley Turrentine - Sugar (one of my favorites albums)

Name:	DSC_0003-32.webp
Views:	72
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	931912

Name:	DSC_0005-28.webp
Views:	71
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	931913

The rest of the haul...got a few 45rpm Hoffman/Gray remasters in there.

Name:	DSC_0007-24.webp
Views:	63
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	931914
                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 20:16 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2007
                                                                          • 1877

That center fold spread of the pretty lady threw me for a second. What's that women doing on Bill's record cabinet, I thought.

Nice assortment of music. I'm not real familar with most Jazz artists. I have some Monk, Dave Brubeck, and Stan Getz, that all really I really like. I have John Coltrane, "A Love Supreme" too, but haven't heard enough to really form an oppinion of it. I should start listening to more Jazz. I know there's a lot of good stuff out there.
                                                                          John unk:

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2007
                                                                            • 1877

Hey, slow down you guys! Nice haul there too Btf1980 ...
                                                                            John unk:

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                              • Jan 2006
                                                                              • 5673

Caution!!! audiophile porn

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                                                                              What's that women doing on Bill's record cabinet, I thought.
                                                                              That's no woman......that's my wife :W

Name:	DSCF0763.webp
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	931823
                                                                              Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 17:40 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                              _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Dec 2000
                                                                                • 16877

Yeeeeeow!
                                                                                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                                                                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2007
                                                                                  • 1877

That's no woman......that's my wife :W
                                                                                  Now that's a REAL woman! And wouldn't she be pleased to know you're posting half naked pics of her on the Internet! :T
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 28 May 2023, 07:32 Sunday. Reason: Remove broken image link
                                                                                  John unk:

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 5673

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                                                                                    Now that's a REAL woman! And wouldn't she be pleased to know you're posting half naked pics of her on the Internet! :T
                                                                                    What are you guys talking about??????? :huh:

All I see is a real nice speaker, without grills.
                                                                                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                      • Jan 2006
                                                                                      • 5673

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                                                      Stanley Turrentine - Sugar (one of my favorites albums)

I passed on a copy of that Stanley Turrentine a few months ago. :M I should have taken the time to sample a few tracks (nice thing about shopping at Jerry's is he has a few TT's with headphones stationed around the store). I will search this one out on my next visit. BTW, both Stanley and George are Pittsburgh natives.

I also notice you have a taste for Delta Blues. This is a genre I would like to explore more. I am making a list of the ones you have shown so I can keep an eye out for them.
                                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2023, 20:17 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                                      _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                        • Nov 2004
                                                                                        • 2901

What are you guys talking about??????? :huh:

All I see is a real nice speaker, without grills.
                                                                                        Both the Speakers and the Woman are real. I've met them both...

I'm just not sure which one Bill would choose if he could have only one! :rofl:

J/K (to your wife Bill)!
                                                                                        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                                                                        -Dan

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                                          • 5673

I am going to have to plead my fifth amendment right on this one.

God love the Constitution and a good NYC attorney.
                                                                                          Last edited by wkhanna; 17 October 2009, 08:58 Saturday.
                                                                                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • May 2007
                                                                                            • 1877

Ha, Ha, Ha, .... :rofl:
                                                                                            John unk:

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"