X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Ah, yes, good stuff there. I used to be woken up every day in military basic training to "Welcome to the Jungle". That will get your blood pumping, let me tell ya.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

What label is the Clapton box set?

Comment

• exojam
        • Dec 2006

Reprise Records.

Comment

• exojam
          • Dec 2006

I just ordered the below albums. Really looking forward to the Ozzy.

Ozzy Osboune – Diary of a Madman
          Genesis – Abacab
          Rush – Signals
          Rush – Moving Pictures

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

looks like you'll be 'rock'n', exojam!

Some of my recent aquisitions this past weekend, which btw, was 'national record store day', or some such title.

I got the Ben Webster for $4 at Jerry's Records here in the 'Burgh'

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3388.webp
Views:	67
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	931585

The Hubbard and 'Trane were new pressings procured from another local store

Name:	DSCF3389.webp
Views:	67
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	931586

Name:	DSCF3390.webp
Views:	75
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	931587

Many like to 'poo poo' digital LP's, I however feel the same people are self-imposing censorship to some V good music. Yes, you can tell in most cases that there is a digital element to the SQ, but many of these recordings are are still of a high standard and encompass some of the best performances ever recorded. I feel the same way about mono LP's. Once you start listening to music you can easily forgive the slight differences.

The Telarc '1812' is not the SHQR (super high quality recording) that is infamous for the ruination of many a speaker belonging to unsuspecting and overzealous HiFi owners who failed to take notice of the warnings contained within the jackets, but this one still came with a 6" x 10" pink slip of paper that warns of the possibility of damaging ones precious 'movers of air'

Name:	DSCF3391.webp
Views:	75
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	931588

Name:	DSCF3392.webp
Views:	66
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	931589

Name:	DSCF3393.webp
Views:	66
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	931590
            Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:06 Monday. Reason: Update image location
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

I actually have that version of the 1812 Overture!

I have a hard time finding a good version of the 1812. To really be done right, it has to have proper cannons, of course, and recorded properly. (not kettle drums, which are a good substitute for an indoor symphony live performance, so you don't blow holes in the wall) And then the triumphant march at the end with the ringing bells has to be juuuuuuuust right, too. Most renditions either rush through it WAY too fast, not giving it the proper respect, or just drag it out way too slow, making it boring.

One of my fondest memories growing up, and an annual tradition, was to go to the large city park in Colorado Springs every year on the 4th of July. There'd be the usual fun and American traditions throughout the day, with live music. Then after sunset, the Colorado Symphony would put on a live performance of a selection picked for that year, but the grand finale was always the 1812 Overture, complete with a real artillery platoon from neighboring Ft. Carson. Then the song would end with the fireworks show, which was spectacular.

I miss that terribly. TERRIBLY.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Bob
                • Jul 2000

Love Ben Webster!! How is the album? I don't have that one.

Comment

• wkhanna
                  • Jan 2006

Hey Bob!

This Webster is the first in a 2 LP (mono) set on the Circle Records label (CLP-41 & CLP-42) released in 1982 of an early 40's season in a NY studio with Oran ‘Hot Lips’ Page. During this time, Web was arriving at his ‘sound’ and this far pre-dates his Ellington and solo career. The individual ‘takes’ were direct to disc (each take on its own disc), a first for theat era, and then compiled from an archive of the originals for this series. Originally, they were compiled and released on 16" LP’s used by radio broadcasters due to their superior sonic quality.

This LP is a fascinating piece of the early history of Ben and the emergence of ‘modern jazz’, with exceptional fidelity given the era in which the music recorded.
                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                    • Jan 2006

AWB - Soul Searching

Just me and SWMBO (she who must be obeyed), our first meal of the Spring on the charcoal smoker, and some classic R&B to celebrate.

Good Stuff!

Name:	DSCF3394.webp
Views:	63
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	931591
                    Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:07 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• shane2468
                      • Apr 2009

About 20min ago, i was spinning Reactivate Vol 2-Phasers On Full.

Comment

• SoCalCM
                        • Oct 2007

Picked up a used copy of Neil Young's "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" -- listened to it about 5 times in a row now.

Comment

• btf1980
                          • Aug 2007

A good friend of mine has a pretty high end system, and he wanted me to hear the 45 rpm version of Giant Steps. This is an album I am very intimate with and know quite well. To say it blew my socks off is an understatement. My goodness, this is what it is all about. The lp just sounds gorgeous. I'm not one to use "audiophile" conjecture, but damn, all I can say is lush. I quickly went to the local record store and bought it, last copy too. Nice gatefold cover and everything.

Name:	DSC_0014-4.webp
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	931592

Name:	DSC_0016-3.webp
Views:	64
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	931593

Name:	DSC_0017-5.webp
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	931594

Picked up a few other goodies while there also.

Name:	DSC_0019-3.webp
Views:	62
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	931595

Name:	DSC_0020-2.webp
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	931596
                          Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:09 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                          A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Bob
                            • Jul 2000

Nice! Very eclectic group of LP's. You obviously like blues to be willing to buy Elmore James and RL Burnside.

Comment

• btf1980
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Bob
                              Nice! Very eclectic group of LP's. You obviously like blues to be willing to buy Elmore James and RL Burnside.
                              Yes, big time Elmore James and RL Burnside fan.

It's a great time to be a vinyl aficionado. There is a lot of 45 rpm reissues coming in from Analogue Productions and Music Matters. All done by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman, but the price per. title is outrageous at $50 each. I will have to cherry pick which ones I get, and opt out for the SACD titles which are more reasonable at $30, though could be had for less from Amazon resellers and ebay.

Comment

• twitch54
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bob

Are my eyes deceiving me or is your perf ring actually below your LP ?
                                Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:09 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                Dave

Comment

• Bob
                                  • Jul 2000

Dave,
                                  Your eyes aren't deceiving you. Sometimes, actually most of the time, I don't bother to take the ring off. If I see the record has any warp at all then I will put it over the record.

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
                                    • Mar 2009

How about Metallica Black from the master tapes, and I had some Megadeth on tonight and some Mudvayne and oh Enya Watermark!!!

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

Nice... was listening to some Apple Lossless Metallica Black and Megadeth during my workout today.
                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• btf1980
                                        • Aug 2007

Came home yesterday to start my weekend hard bop journey. Got quite a bit of the 45rpm blue note reissues mastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray. It's been great. :T

Name:	DSC_0022-2.webp
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	931597

Name:	DSC_0025-1.webp
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	931598

Name:	DSC_0026-1.webp
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	931599

Also picked up a few other records.

Name:	DSC_0028-2.webp
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	931600
                                        Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:11 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• wkhanna
                                          • Jan 2006

Dude! I could be content for months if that was the only Jazz I had in house!

I have heard some of those 45 rpm BN’s, and while in some cases they don’t always measure up to the original pressing, they are by far the next best thing. They all sound fantastic. Your collection is one I truly envy.

I am anxious to hear how you like Melody Gardot. I discovered her about a year ago and she is now one of my top 3 favorite female jazz vocalists.
                                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• jbreezy5
                                            • May 2009

This'll piss everyone off. I purchased a brand new, un-opened original pressing of Michael Jackson "Thriller" for $6.00 at my local used record store.

Even more maddening, I currently don't have a TT to play it!!

Comment

• btf1980
                                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by wkhanna
                                              Dude! I could be content for months if that was the only Jazz I had in house!

I have heard some of those 45 rpm BN’s, and while in some cases they don’t always measure up to the original pressing, they are by far the next best thing. They all sound fantastic. Your collection is one I truly envy.

I am anxious to hear how you like Melody Gardot. I discovered her about a year ago and she is now one of my top 3 favorite female jazz vocalists.
                                              Trust me, these blue note reissues will be the only things i'll be splurging on. I have another bundle coming in the mail. I only spend money on records these days it seems, nothing else. Unlike a lot of collectors, I actually listen to my stuff.

I too discovered Melody Gardot a little over a year ago. I was at a local jazz club, and before the main act came on (Esperanza Spalding! A wonderful jazz bassist and vocalist) a few people were talking about this great girl singer who used singing as therapy after she got into a car accident. It was Melody Gardot. I bought her first CD, Worrisome Heart, and I thought it was great. She reminds me of a younger Patricia Barber, except she isn't just singing standards or lounge style songs. She has heartfelt emotion in her lyrics. A lot of people can sing, but very few can emote with vocals. She has a bright future ahead of her. The female jazz vocals scene has been stale for a few years with everyone trying to sound like Diana Krall.

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
                                                • Mar 2009

Anyone pick up the new releases from Back To Black? I have quite a few and find they are very noisy more so than regular even after a cleaning with the nitty gritty which I wonder about. I will often listen to a disc, clean it and find no audio difference to the ticks and pops, or am I missing the point on something. Just curious to see what you guys think and how much solution do you use on the LP itself?

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by jbreezy5
                                                  This'll piss everyone off. I purchased a brand new, un-opened original pressing of Michael Jackson "Thriller" for $6.00 at my local used record store.

Even more maddening, I currently don't have a TT to play it!!
                                                  Oh Yeah! I'm a little pissed, but you could just send that LP to me to make sure it's in good shape. I'll let you know how good it is and if it's even worth getting a TT to play it on.
                                                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                    Unlike a lot of collectors, I actually listen to my stuff..
                                                    Speaking words of wisdom!

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                    She has a bright future ahead of her. The female jazz vocals scene has been stale for a few years with everyone trying to sound like Diana Krall.
                                                    Agreed 100%. It's great to have a new princes in the castle! I like the comparison to Patricia Barber, too.
                                                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mike_Schmidt
                                                      Anyone pick up the new releases from Back To Black? I have quite a few and find they are very noisy more so than regular even after a cleaning with the nitty gritty which I wonder about. I will often listen to a disc, clean it and find no audio difference to the ticks and pops, or am I missing the point on something. Just curious to see what you guys think and how much solution do you use on the LP itself?
                                                      Hi Mike.

I use a VPI 16.5, which basically accomplishes the same thing as your NG. Vacuum is the key, IMHO.

Regardless, I have had a few new LP’s that sound like they came from the bottom of a Taco Bell dumpster, while at the same time have a ton used LP’s that look like they should never even be played unless you want to destroy your cart, but sound nearly pristine. The quality of some of the new pessing’s is questionable, and others have expressed having the same experiance. While I am not familiar with the specific LP you mention, purchasing a new, sealed LP is still not a guarantee of superb play-back quality.

AFA cleaning methods, I use the Audio Intelligent brand. I first spray the LP with enzyme cleaner and wipe with a Disc Dr. Pad. Vacuum, then a rinse with ultra-pure water and vacuum. This is followed by a spray with the AI surfactant cleaner and separate DD brush & vacuum. Then two more rinses/vacuums. Used LP’s most often improve significantly, and those that are especially grungy are given a second full cycle of cleaning.

New LPs always get one full cycle to remove the release agent that is chemically infused in the vinyl pellets and rises to the surface during molding.

When you encounter an LP that won’t improve with subsequent cleaning, it’s usually a sign of severe damage from mishandling or play with a worn/damaged stylus.

As always, JMHO & YMMV
                                                      _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• jbreezy5
                                                        • May 2009

Oh Yeah! I'm a little pissed, but you could just send that LP to me to make sure it's in good shape. I'll let you know how good it is and if it's even worth getting a TT to play it on.
                                                        I guess I'll have to take my chances; wouldn't want to risk damage in shipping. hehe

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                          • Jan 2006

Probably a good call.......but if you ever change your mind, I’ll cover the shipping!
                                                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                            • Aug 2007

Rainy weekend in NYC, so the TT will get a killer workout. Latest haul.

2 45rpm lps by Coltrane - Ballads and Live At the Village Vanguard. Both mastered by Bernie Grundman. Nice gatefold covers. They sound incredible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0001-15.webp Views:	0 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	931646
                                                            Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0005-16.webp Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	931647

Some 45 RPM blue note remasters from Music Matters, as well as a 45rpm of Intensity by Art Pepper.

Music Matters titles
                                                            Tina Brooks - True Blue
                                                            Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C
                                                            Horace Parlan - Us Three
                                                            Freddie Hubbard - Here to Stay
                                                            Hank Mobley - Soul Station
                                                            Freddie Redd - Shades of Redd
                                                            Tina Brooks - Back to the Tracks

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0003-18.webp Views:	0 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	931648
                                                            Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0004-12.webp Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	931649

Name:	DSC_0005-17.webp
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	931650

Also picked up a few other classic albums.

Max Roach - We Insist - Freedom Now Suite (180g Pure Pleasure Records)
                                                            Jazz Artists Guild (Led by Charles Mingus) - Newport Rebels (180g Pure Pleasure Records)
                                                            Dinah Washington - The Queen (180g Speakers Corner)
                                                            Dinah Washington - Swingin' Miss D (180g Speakers Corner)
                                                            Charles Mingus - Charles Mingus Presents (180g Pure Pleasure Records)
                                                            Booker Irvin - That's It (180g Pure Pleasure Records)

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0002-19.webp Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	931651
                                                            Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:52 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                              • Jan 2006

It's good to have a Jerry's

my latest haul from Jerry's Used Records in Pittsburgh.

Name:	DSCF1257.webp
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	931652

Name:	DSCF1262.webp
Views:	61
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	931653

Name:	DSCF1259.webp
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	931654

Name:	DSCF1260.webp
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	931655

Name:	DSCF1258.webp
Views:	53
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	931656

Name:	DSCF1261.webp
Views:	60
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	931657

Total damage ....$130

All the Coltrane and Miles are mint, pristine.

Of all 24 LP's only two have any damage that would cause me to look for replacements, I'll take them back for full credit when I find copies in better shape. Most of the Jazz came from a box that had not been stocked in the bins yet, and may have been part of a single collection.

BTW, the MJ was $4. Jerry has tons of them and the price did not change after MJ died. Jerry sold out the first day, but just went back to his warehouse and grabbed about 20 more.
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:56 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                              _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                • Aug 2007

wkhanna, are all those original presses?

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                  • Jan 2006

Most are, like the Dejavu, SOS, & Kenton, but not the KOB or Giant. The WSS was factory sealed.
                                                                  Last edited by wkhanna; 13 July 2009, 19:05 Monday.
                                                                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2007

Been a busy weekend. We've been listening nonstop. Took some pics of colored vinyl spinning. Thought it looked nice. Haven't had this much fun listening to music.

Name:	DSC_0008-14.webp
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	931658

Name:	DSC_0015-7.webp
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	931659

Name:	DSC_0018-6.webp
Views:	58
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	931660

Name:	DSC_0004-14.webp
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	931661

In rotation now.

Name:	DSC_0001_1-2.webp
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	931662

Name:	DSC_0002_1-2.webp
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	931663

Name:	DSC_0004_1.webp
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	931664
                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:59 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Bob
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2000

Wow! Great albums. It would be hard to not spend everynight listening until each and every one had been heard.
                                                                      Espana to Burnside, very eclectic. The first burst of music on Espana has made people jump out of their seat in my listening room.
                                                                      I have been meaning to pick up the Lightnin Hopkins album from AcousTech. How is it?

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                        • Jan 2006

Thursday's grab from Jerry's

I have been on a Ramsey Lewis binge lately, I love the blues tone and gospel style melodies of his piano, and his rhythm section is by far one of the best ever assembled, IMHO.

Name:	DSCF1264.webp
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	931665

Name:	DSCF1265.webp
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	931666

Name:	DSCF1267.webp
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	931667

Name:	DSCF1266.webp
Views:	59
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	931668

My favorite of this latest $80 hall

Name:	DSCF1270.webp
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	931669

And I picked this Art Pepper up from Elusive Disc earlier this week ( Yummy!) for $25 (ouch!).

Name:	DSCF1269.webp
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	931670
                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:01 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                        _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2007
                                                                          • 1877

I'll have to look for some Ramsey Lewis. Sounds good. So, how many records you have in your collection now ... if you don't mind me asking?
                                                                          John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                            • Jan 2006
                                                                            • 5673

I got my turntable (my first) last April.
                                                                            Since then I have aquired nearly 500 LP's.

Name:	DSCF1275-1.webp
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	931671

Name:	DSCF1276.webp
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	931672
                                                                            Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:02 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2007
                                                                              • 704

Originally posted by Bob
                                                                              Wow! Great albums. It would be hard to not spend everynight listening until each and every one had been heard.
                                                                              Espana to Burnside, very eclectic. The first burst of music on Espana has made people jump out of their seat in my listening room.
                                                                              I have been meaning to pick up the Lightnin Hopkins album from AcousTech. How is it?
                                                                              The Lightnin Hopkins lp is stellar. Dead queit, no ticks or pops, just lovely. :T

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Aug 2007
                                                                                • 704

Latest haul.

Lee Morgan - Candy - 45 RPM (Music Matters)
                                                                                Dexter Gordon - Doin' Allright - 45 RPM (Music Matters)
                                                                                John Coltrane - Blue Train - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Dexter Gordon - Go - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Ike Quebec - It Might As Well Be Spring - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Miles Davis All Stars - Walkin' - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Sonny Rollins - Sonny Rollins & The Contemporary Leaders - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Miles Davis - Miles Davis & The Modern Jazz Giants - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                John Patton - Along Came John - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Jackie Mclean - Jackie's Bag - 45 RPM (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Junior Wells - Hoodoo Man Blues - 45 RPM (Analogue Productions)
                                                                                Muddy Waters - Folk Singer - 200 gram (Classic Records) (2nd copy)
                                                                                Louis Armstrong - Satchmo Plays King Oliver - 200 gram (Classic Records)
                                                                                Patricia Barber - Live A Forthnight in France - 200 gram (Classic Records)
                                                                                Susan Tedeschi - Just Won't Burn - 180 gram - (Analog Productions)
                                                                                Sonny Rollins What's New - 180 gram - (Pure Pleasure)

Name:	DSC_0001-19.webp
Views:	57
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	931673

Name:	DSC_0002-23.webp
Views:	57
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	931674

Name:	DSC_0004-16.webp
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	931675
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 16:04 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                  • Jan 2006
                                                                                  • 5673

Geez, btf, that is one lovely grouping you have there.
                                                                                  It amazes me how similar our taste in music is!
                                                                                  I need to know how you like the live Patricia Barber.
                                                                                  Those 45 rpm AP's must sound absolutely gorgeous!

One of your previous pics shows a colored Columbia 6-eye.....I never knew of colored 6-eyes before, what LP is it?

BTW, Happy belated D-day, too!
                                                                                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 5673

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                                                                                    I'll have to look for some Ramsey Lewis. Sounds good.
                                                                                    I have 8 RL LP's, but I could not live without these two.

Name:	DSCF1277.webp
Views:	58
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	931627
                                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:39 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • May 2007
                                                                                      • 1877

Thanks Bill, I'll try to find those records.

Well you're a step ahead of us in your LP collection. We now have about 470, but we had with about 350 LPs a year ago. I wish my dad was more into records. All he cares about is DVDs, Blurays, and sometimes CDs. I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many DVD/Blurays he has, but he may watch 1/100 of his collection in his lifetime. It's disgusting.

The two top shelves are LPs. Two years ago my cousin built this record cabinet that I designed. He does kitchen cabinets for a living. He did a great job, I'm really happy with it.

Name:	Record_Collection2.jpg
Views:	4378
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	853536
                                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 03 April 2023, 15:39 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                                      John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                        • Jan 2006
                                                                                        • 5673

I was going to comment on your shelves, they are beautiful!
                                                                                        Having a cabinetmaker in the family must be convenient when your building speakers. :W

I got my tall shelf unit from the local Ikea store in their scratch&dent room. I modified one of the shelves with roller bearing sliders so I could store my RCM. When I need clean an LP, the entire unit slides out for easy access.

I would say we are about even on our counts, and I see a what appear to be a nice collection of classical box-sets on the right hand side. Very nice! Do you have an RCM? Are your Dad’s LP’s in good shape? I seem to remember you saying a while ago he had an extensive classical library.
                                                                                        _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2007
                                                                                          • 704

Geez, btf, that is one lovely grouping you have there.
                                                                                          It amazes me how similar our taste in music is!
                                                                                          I need to know how you like the live Patricia Barber.
                                                                                          Those 45 rpm AP's must sound absolutely gorgeous!

One of your previous pics shows a colored Columbia 6-eye.....I never knew of colored 6-eyes before, what LP is it?

BTW, Happy belated D-day, too!
                                                                                          Thanks!

The 45 rpms do sound gorgeous. I have no problem getting up every 10 minutes to turn it over. It actually makes me listen more attentively. The Patricia Barber lp is sounds great.

The blue columbia lp is the special edition of the 180gram Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. It looks pretty, but I prefer Classic Records 200 gram version. There was some surface noise and a few ticks on the colored vinyl version.

Comment

• Alaric
                                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2006
                                                                                            • 4143

Currently BTO's Not Fragile , circa 1971. Scratches , hisses , crackles , and pops not withstanding , a fantastic album. Randy Bachman and C.F. Turner ripped into the 70s with a large pair.
                                                                                            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                                                                            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                                                                            Schiit Modi 3
                                                                                            Marantz CD5005
                                                                                            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"