X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

O2 headphone amp/ JDS Labs

I thought I would give you my initial thoughts on this headphone amp. First off and be advised, this amp has piles of gain, both in the low gain and in the high gain settings (Not sure which one I like better yet). This amp will have no problem powering ANYTHING you connect it too!!. I would not call this a 'portable' amp really, but more something that you would put on top of an amp or CD player that does not have a headphone output.

I've listened to this amp with my Grado headphones for a number of hours and I must say that I am not at all disappointed. Right off the bat, the sound was more punchy, detailed, had better bass, and detail also improved compared to plugging the cans directly into the CD player. Being in a apartment now I will likely watch most of my movies wearing my headphones and this amp will undoubtedly ROCK playing them! (Poor man's surround sound!!). I have not tried the unit with my MP3/Phone but I am confident the unit would rock that format too.

The unit is all steel and extremely well built . Absolutely no complaints about this headphone amp :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Update!!. I've had this amp running for a few days now and oh boy, has this unit opened up sound wise!!. I also got replacement foam ear covers for my Grado headphones ($35 bucks for foam???!!! What da' ???). I listened for hours last night and was blown away by this amp!.

I have the amp set on low gain, volume set at half, and I'm using the output volume control of my CD player to regulate the overall volume via it's remote control. All I can say is WOW!!. Zero complaints about this amp and Grado headphones for that matter.

When I was at the audio shop getting my headphone covers they had piles of higher end headphones all connected together. All I had to do was to connect my mp3 to a jack and all the headphones were running. Well, I must say that the Grado's were winning sound wise hands down. Bass, clarity, trans-parity....Basically as close as you can get to listening to 'real' speakers live and loud. I'm at peace.....Amen !!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"