X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

Help: Headphone amp through 1068

hi
    i have just finished building a headphone amp and i have connected it to my 1068 via the tape out. i have a cambridge audio azur 640c cd player connected to the amp. when i select cd the sound comes through the speakers, when i push tape the sound comes through the headphones. so far so good. my only problem is that i cannot control the volume of the headphones through the headphone amp. is my only option to install a potentiometer into the amp or can something be done through the 1068?
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by tomm
    hi
    i have just finished building a headphone amp and i have connected it to my 1068 via the tape out. i have a cambridge audio azur 640c cd player connected to the amp. when i select cd the sound comes through the speakers, when i push tape the sound comes through the headphones. so far so good. my only problem is that i cannot control the volume of the headphones through the headphone amp. is my only option to install a potentiometer into the amp or can something be done through the 1068?
    You could always connect your headphone amp to the zone 2 out of the RSP-1068 and set the output to variable, then set the desired source to zone 2. You could also install it between your Main pre-out and power amp too and manually turn your amp off when listerning to headphones.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

You could use a Y splitter for the Left and Right speakers pre outs one going to your main amplifier and the other set to use for your headphone amp. This way you would be able to control the gain. The tape out is not connected to the pre-amplifier it just sends out the same signal that comes in.

Comment

• tomm
        • Oct 2005

thanks guys, i will play around with that and see if a can get it to work.

Comment

• tomm
          • Oct 2005

i hooked up the amp tonight into the zone 2 on the 1068 and it works wonderfully. i can even listen to music whilst my wife watches Home & Away. :lol:

thanks guys for your help. :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"