• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Different volumes from different sources via headphone amp

Hi Guys/Gals....

I recently bought a JDS O2 headphone amp and have for the longest time been listening to my CD player with it. Recently, I connected the CD player to the amp and the headphone amp to the tape out's of the amp. No problems there.

However, I just connected my DVD player via it's analog outputs to the amp and I'm getting huge volumes (distortion) via both the headphone amp and the main speakers (Although via the 5.1 speaker setup using my speakers, I would use it's digital connection for 5.1 surround sound). I'm not sure why there is a huge difference in gain as opposed to the CD player.

When I use my speakers via my Rotel only, most of the volumes from various sources are close to the same. Any idea what could be happening?.
    Dan Madden :T
  • talladega
    • Jan 2012

This may be not the same issue you are having but similar. I have a HTPC and a PS3 hooked up to my TV with HDMI and then optical audio out from tv to my headphone amp/dac out to my stereo amp.

With the PS3 I have to have the volume a lot lower compared to the HTPC. I wonder if it is because it isn't able to bypass internal audio processing via HDMI on the HTPC?

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"